Manny's Message, Oh and Hot Cocoa

Y/n

Y/n had just made it to North's workshop to grab the cookies some of her Starlings have been craving.

The Starlings were helpers Y/n had, like Tooth's fairies, just less Tooth and more humanlike. She landed in the workshop to find three elves huddled in the doorway around a plate of cookies.

Don't tell me those are-

"Still waiting for cookies!" North's shout makes the elves lower the cookies from their mouths, their faces frozen in fear. The elves duck out of the way as North launches himself across the floor on his rolling chair. His hand frantically searches through his work tools, finally grabbing a miniature hammer. The big man hums along with his music, delicately chiseling into the ice.

"Nice, sculpture?" Y/n leaned on the doorway, watching the scene quite confused.

"Just wait and see." North sensed her confusion. No one could understand the interworkings of his mind. Not even Manny. The girl just shook her head and started towards the kitchen to retrieve what she came for.

On her way, the elves and yetis greeted her, some giving her a little trinket they'd been saving for her visit. A few swooning here and there.

"Yes!" North was a loud man. Y/n laughs, rolling her eyes, continuing her journey.

Before she could make it to the kitchen, she heard a sea of tiny bells. It sounded like they were frantically running around, not to mention the heavy steps of the yetis.

The Globe.

Y/n took off and ran to the room that contained North's globe, showing the believers of the world.

"Shoo with your pointy heads. Why are you always under boot?" North pushes his way past a couple of yeti workers who are looking up in fear at the globe, covered in lights.

"North, something's not right." Y/n and North watch as hundreds of lights go out at once.

"What is this?" North's concern grows as more and more lights, in greater numbers, are snuffed out. "Have you checked the axis? Is rotation balanced?" He's looking to a yeti for confirmation. The yeti just shrugs. The guardians give each other a look.

No.

A wind whips up from out of nowhere. North stares in outrage as swirling b lack sand shrouds the entire globe in darkness. The elves go into an even bigger panic, then all at once the black sand leaves the globe, rushes up through the ceiling and dissipates into the air.

No.

As the wind dies, the scattered pieces of debris settle to the ground, and the globes lights come back on, Y/n and North turn to see a huge shadow flash across the floors and walls of the workshop. It quickly disappears, leaving nothing but the distant echo of... laughter?

They are frozen, looking up into the darkness.

"Can it be?" North turns back to Y/n, who's racking her hands across her face.

Pitch.

"Dingle! Make preparations. We are going to have company." North reaches out for the emergency leaver only to find Y/n who twists and presses it. "N/n that's my thing." The old man pouts, making Y/n roll her eyes and walk away to retrieve the cookies she originally came for.

"Too slow, old man."

The Globe pulses with energy, which lights up and travels up the axis shaft toward the roof. Northern light energy radiates outward.

This is the first time in decades.

The guardian's call goes out.

——