No One to Blame

Y/n

"You take the ones on the left, Y/n takes the middle, I'll take the ones on the right?" Jack, worried, looks at Y/n and Sandy. Meanwhile, Pitch rises from off the ground as Onyx takes shape underneath him. Pitch grabs onto Onyx's mane as it snorts and snarls. He then leans forward.

"Boo!" Pitch's army of Nightmares charges. Then suddenly, the sound of bells and reindeer echo in the distance, North's sleigh bursts through the clouds. Jack and Pitch look up into the sky as it circles overhead. The sleigh turns toward Pitch, only to fly a few feet over his head. Pitch turns as it passes over him, slightly confused.

Guardians

North's asleep at the wheel, along with Bunny and Tooth. Suddenly, the sleigh clips one of its skis as it flies over City Hall, jolting North to attention.

"Ah!"

"Get outta my warren!" Bunny awakes with a fright from a bad a dream. "Huh?" He realizes he's awake now.

Y/n

Still battling Nightmares, Sandy propels himself, Y/n and Jack into the air with a stream of Dreamsand only to launch Jack away from the Nightmares. Jack quickly orients himself and knocks an oncoming Nightmare with his staff.

Tooth quickly jumps off the side of the sleigh toward Jack, Y/n and Sandy. Jack knocks away a few more Nightmares with his staff and looks up. Tooth suddenly flies into view through the swarm of Nightmares, slicing them apart with her wings, causing them to explode into black sand.

Pitch gives a signal and leaps into the air, leading another wave of Nightmares after the Guardians.

Bunny jumps out and lands on a nearby roof. Bunny quickly tosses his boomerang, which disintegrates every Nightmare in its path. Bunny catches the returning boomerang, leaps off the roof, and grabs the skids of the sleigh as it passes by.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Come on!" North stands, drawing both his scimitars, and dices the oncoming Nightmares to bits as they attack. Jack heads back to the sleigh by dodging two Nightmares as they attack. As he continues his descent, Jack is suddenly blindsided by another Nightmare, which knocks the staff from his hands.

"Ah!" For a moment, Jack is in a state of panic as he finds himself in free fall. He finally hooks onto the staff, control his descent, and land on the sleigh as it flies past.

"You might want to duck." Upon Bunny's warning, Jack ducks as a Nightmare rears up behind him, but one of Bunny's boomerangs blasts through it and zips back to Bunny's waiting paw.

"Come on, Sandy, we can do this!" Y/n and Sandy are high in the clouds. His sand and her cloud mixing, as they do their best to contain the mass of Nightmares that are swirling around them.

Pitch rises from behind a group of Nightmares. He stretches his arms as an arrow of Nightmare sand forms behind him.

"We gotta help Y/n and Sandy!" Jack and the Guardians watch as more Nightmares speed away to join their herd. Y/n and Sandy look overwhelmed by the onslaught.

"Hyah!" North cracks the reins, turns the sleigh, and heads toward the swirling cloud of yellow and black sand.

Pitch takes aim and releases the arrow. It flies towards Y/n but at the last second, Sandy switches their places. It hits the little golden man in his back, exploding on impact.

"Sandy!?" Y/n tries to assess the damage, but a Nightmare takes the chance to bite her forearm. Grunting in pain, she slices it in half.

No one told me their teeth were sharp.