J-hope's anxiety: astraphobia

A Sope ship will be in this story. You'll need the picture above for reference later in this story. ^

Astraphobia: fear of thunderstorms, or a traumatic experience related to thunderstorms

The clash of thunder met with the bright flash outside J-hope's window didn't settle well with him. He jumped at the other clash of lightning outside his window. He whimpered as he pulled up his knees to his chest. Yet another clash of thunder rang through his ears as his mind went back to the car crash.

-Flashback-

"Hoseok, it's ok, it's just a storm. It'll pass," His mother told him. He uncovered his ears and smiled when his mother made a face. (Funny face). She turned back to the road.

"WATCH OUT!" His mother yelled.

Everything happened so fast.

The flip of the car made Hoseok's stomach flip and churn. His mind was screaming, but so silent all at the same time. Tears stung his eyes as he heard the blood curdling scream of his mother and father. And after everything that happened so fast yet so slow, his vision went black.

————
Hoseok woke up gasping and panting, like everything had been a dream. A nurse rushed in and calmed him down.

"Where are my parents?" Hoseok asked. The nurse's face went from worried to sorrowful.

"Hoseok, your parents passed in the car wreck."

-End of flashback-

J-hope let out a choked sob as he gasped for air.

No. Don't have a panic attack now.

"J-hope?" Suga had called out. He heard him crying from out in the hallway, despite him trying to muffle most of his sobs.

Suga walked towards the crying younger and put his arm on his shoulder.

"W-where are my pills?" J-hope stuttered out.

"You used the rest of them last week. We haven't had time to get you more," Suga said. J-hope let out another sob and hyperventilated when his chest got tighter.

Another clash of thunder set him off. He flinched and buried his head in Suga's neck.

"It's ok. Let's practice what your therapist told you, ok?" Suga suggested.

What his therapist told him to do was count to ten in his mind and breathe in his nose and out his mouth. (My therapist told me to do that and it works for me so I put it in here sorry)

Suga readjusted J-hope so he was sitting on his lap and his legs were tucked behind Suga. J-hope once again buried his head in the crook of Suga's neck.

Suga comforted his boyfriend the best he could. When he would hear his breathing speed up, he would remind him to keep his breaths steady.

"Keep your breaths steady, ok, love?" Suga instructed. J-hope nodded and did so.

Suga rubbed his back and rocked his slightly until he calmed down.

"Do you want to watch a movie with me in my room?" Suga asked. J-hope nodded and Suga stood up with J-hope still latched to him.

Suga set J-hope next to him and they watched a few movies while cuddling.
And who's to say they didn't do more than cuddle? 😏

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER! I promise I've been trying really hard. I've had writers block and a few things going on at home. I really hope you enjoyed this story! I still wasn't really motivated to write when I finished this so I'm sorry if it wasn't good. I'll try to update as fast as possible! Love you guys! ❤️