Chapter 8

It was another Monday morning. Marinette woke up and yawned, stretching her body at the same time. Tikki was still fast asleep. Throwing the covers aside, she went into her bathroom and got ready for the school day that was to come. When she got out, Tikki was still sleeping. Marinette smiled at the tired kwami. In the middle of the night, there had been an akuma attack, and it took a bit longer than usual to stop. So Tikki's strength was pretty much drained.

Marinette threw on her clothes and headed downstairs, her mom cooking up breakfast. After a quick greeting, Marinette found herself on the couch, watching some television. She looked to her right and saw the crown gleaming in the sunlight, its purple and red jewels sparkling over the beautiful gold. She sighed at how amazing Friday night had been. It was definitely something worth remembering.

"Marinette, breakfast is ready!" Sabine called from the kitchen, grabbing the plates to set down somewhere.

Marinette got off the couch and sat at the table, eating her breakfast and checking her messages on her phone. Alya texted her asking about the math homework. She never does her homework, does she? Marinette thought, chuckling to herself. She checked through her social media, and almost choked on her bacon when she saw a post.

There were two pictures: it was when Marinette was going inside the cafeteria the night of the dance. She seemed determined in the picture, phone in her hand and everything. The second was with Chat Noir, also going inside the cafeteria, but he looked very suspicious. He was holding the door looking behind him. At the bottom of the post, it read: They've been in there for 20 minutes...;)

Marinette's eyes widened and she pushed her plate away, standing up in shock. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!"

Sabine looked at her daughter with concerned eyes. "Honey, are you okay?"

Marinette looked at her mother, disbelief evident in her blue orbs. "I...I just realized how late I'm going to be!"

Her mother looked at the clock. "But school doesn't start for another hour."

Marinette sheepishly smiled. "I...uh...have to work on a project with Alya!" She ran to the cookie jar and took out a few cookies. "I'll be...taking these!" With that she ran upstairs, slamming open her trap door. Tikki woke with a start, rubbing her eyes.

"Marinette?" She yawned, "What's wrong?"

"I'll explain later." She said, pointing to her bag. Tikki nodded as she flew in. Marinette dumped the cookies into her bag. And she ran out of the house like crazy.

Alya was usually pretty early. She liked being early, because it gave her time to chat to others before class started. She also liked being early because that meant Chloe was never around. Clutching her bookbag and huffing like crazy, Marinette ran to her friend who was patiently waiting. Alya placed one hand on her hip and gave Marinette a confused but amused look.

"Wow, Marinette. You're early, for once."

"I've...been early...before." Marinette panted, her back hunched over and her hands on her knees.

"So what's up?"

Marinette straightened up, her tired expression turning into a serious one. "Take a look." She gave Alya her phone with the post still there. Alya wasn't sure why Marinette looked like she was going to chop someone's head off. But when she saw the anonymous post, a small gasp escaped her lips. She looked back at the mad bluenette, whose arms were crossed.

"Unbelievable!" Alya exclaimed, handing Marinette's phone back to her.

"Tell me about it! I wonder who would stoop so low to post this! There's nothing here that would tell me who they are!" Marinette looked at the username of the suspect, but the username said "That Girl over There." She even tried going through the photos and other posts, but it was just posts of other students.