Chapter 5

Marinette we need to talk."

Marinette dreaded those words. She didn't want to hear those words at all. She knew it would come down to this. When she had explained her situation to her parents, she had to explain why Chloe had been so rude to her in the first place. And although she didn't bring up what had happened at lunch that previous Friday, Chat Noir had to be included in the conversation, since Chloe brought him up. It was the only way that her parents could get off her back.

But alas, it went to no avail.

Marinette walked towards the kitchen and took a seat sitting across from her very serious-looking parents. Marinette bit her lip and looked down. God, she felt like she was going to be scolded.

Marinette had only been scolded a few times in her life.

And because of her recklessness and how she's been acting the past few days, she knew this was a scolding she was going to remember forever.

Her father's arms were crossed and her mother had a very uncomfortable look on her face. Her mother sighed, seeing as her husband wasn't going to speak anytime soon.

"Marinette, we're concerned. Chloe had no right to shame you like that yesterday. But, what does Paris's cat-themed hero have to do with anything?"

Marinette fiddled with her fingers. How can she explain this? "Well, um...about two weeks ago...after an akuma attack, Chat ran into me. And we started hanging out after that..."

Her parents listened, taking in the information they were receiving. It wasn't bad, but the problem was that no one knows who the hero is. For all they know, the hero could be 25 years old and a pedophile, covering his bad image with a superhero image.

"Then one day, I guess I started pouring my heart out to him. And he listened. He even gave me some advice..."

Her parents didn't say anything, but they saw the very nervous look on Marinette's face as she sucked in a shaky breath.

"Um...one thing led to another, and we kissed...a lot..."

"...you WHAT?!" Marinette's father slammed his hand down on the table, making Sabine and Marinette jump with fright. Marinette hadn't noticed how slightly angry Tom had been getting. He hated the fact that his daughter was accused of something she didn't do. He even started to lose faith in the mayor. But he didn't realize that his daughter was doing horrible things behind their backs. Sabine tried to calm her husband, putting her hands on his arm, but he was mad. "You kissed someone you don't even know?!"

"Dad, listen-"

"Wait," Sabine interrupted Marinette, realization hitting her. "What does this have to do with Chloe and why she called you his play toy? How does she even know about this?"

"I, um...I may have accidentally blurted it out loud during lunch when Alya was questioning me about something."

"Unbelievable! Alya knows?!" Tom yelled, his hands running down his face.

"Tom, calm down. I know you're angry, but-"

"Like hell I'll calm down! Marinette, you deliberately disobeyed us. You went behind our backs and did something you know that's against the biggest rule in this house."

"Not only that, but you kissed someone who you don't even know behind the mask. He could be a pedophile for all we know." Marinette cringed when her mother said that. She knew Chat Noir was in high school, just like her. But she couldn't tell them that.

"Mari, we trusted you. And then you did the one thing no parent wants their child to do!"

"Dad, I know. I'm sorry!" Marinette fought back the tears in her eyes.

Extremely naughtyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara