Chapter 7

AN: Uh...slight rated M?

Also, as of today's episode in English, it turns out they're sophomores! I was so happy because that means they're around 15 years of age! Plus, I'm a sophomore (who writes smut, smh) and I'm 15! I was ecstatic lol. And I watched the new episode 14, and couldn't understand a word, lol. Anyway, on with the story.

Chapter 7

"The ball is tonight! Can you believe it, Mari? I can't!" Alya twirled around in front of Marinette. Alya was pretty excited for tonight's event. Even Marinette was excited, since her parents were allowing her to go. They couldn't keep her cooped up in her room forever, even though she is still grounded.

"I know. I'm so excited! I finished my dress and my mask and everything!" Marinette beamed, smiling proudly.

"Same, dude, I can't wait!" Nino and Adrien came by. "There's gonna be a bunch of hot girls in dresses, it's almost as good as seeing them in bikinis...almost."

Alya rolled her eyes, "You're such a creep, Nino."

"You love it." Nino winked. Alya rolled her eyes again, but she couldn't hide the small smirk tugging on her lips. "Ha! You do love it!"

"Shut up!"

Adrien turned to Marinette, who was watching the exchange with an amused face. "Whatever you're wearing, Marinette, I'm sure you'll look as beautiful in it as you always do." He added a wink.

Marinette turned really red, and twirled her finger around her hair. "T-thanks, Adrien! I bet I won't even recognize you at the ball!"

Just then the bell rang, and Adrien turned his back to the group before saying over his shoulder: "Oh, you won't." With that, he walked into the building.

Marinette was still kind of red, and Alya nudged her side. "Was Adrien just flirting with you?"

Marinette shook her head defensively. "No, he couldn't be. Chloe would be pissed. He was just being nice."

"Please, girl, I know a flirt when I see one. And Adrien was definitely flirting with you." Alya argued, smiling.

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

Nino interjected. "You're both morons."

The teacher wasn't in class today, so there was a substitute in place. But because the teacher forgot to leave work, the students decided to chat instead, as long as they kept it on the down low. All anyone could talk about was the masquerade ball. Marinette, Alya, and Nino were conversing among themselves about how much fun they were going to have. Mari looked over at Adrien, who was doodling in his notebook. Chloe was next to him, her back turned on him, holding a mirror in her hand, talking to Sabrina about how fabulous she was going to look at the ball. She frowned and sighed. It was a shame Adrien couldn't really converse with them. At least, not with Chloe around, that is.

Even though Marinette didn't know this, Adrien was carefully listening in to their conversation.

"My dress is so beautiful! It's purple with diamond-like sequins at the bottom. It reaches up to my knees and it's sleeveless. There are a couple of ruffles at the bottom, too. It's so cute!" Alya squished her cheeks in excitement. She turned to Marinette. "What did you design, Mari?"

"No, no, no! It's a surprise!" Marinette winked.

"Ugh, no fair! I want a description!"

Nino chuckled at Alya. "You know the dress is going to be amazing anyway, Alya."

"Yeah, but I want to know what it looks like!" Alya playfully pouted. "It's too bad none of us have dates. I bet you would have looked cute with Chat Noir." She waggled an eyebrow.