Chapter 1

AN: Although this is my first fanfic of Miraculous Ladybug, and my first fanfic on this site, I am not a stranger to writing fanfiction. This is set in their junior year of high school. I hope you all enjoy this story and leave a review on what you think.

Chapter 1

Marinette was not having a good day. In fact, her day started off horribly, by her waking up at 9:45 a.m. ...on a Monday...when she's supposed to be at school.

She screamed at her phone so loud when she saw the time. Why didn't Tikki wake me up? She thought to herself, looking for the kwami in question. Sure enough, there was Tikki, sleeping soundly on her tiny bed on Marinette's nightstand. Marinette violently shook the creature with her finger, which caused poor Tikki to fall out of her bed, glaring at the wide-eyed girl. When Tikki saw Marinette's face, her glare turned into a look of concern.

"Marinette, what's wrong?" Tikki asked, looking into Marinette's sea-blue eyes.

"Tikki, I'm late!" Marinette jumped out of bed, rushing to the closet. She threw her clothes onto her bed, and rushed down to the bathroom. Luckily, her parents were down in the bakery, so she wasn't going to be scolded for being late...again. Not now, anyway. She quickly brushed her teeth and took a very quick shower. She changed into her clothes, falling over while she was trying to her pants on.

Tikki was watching the flustered girl with an amused look on her face. She knew Marinette never was one with punctuality, but she didn't think it would be such a problem. Although, Marinette is usually late to school, she's never really late to class. Today was different though.

Marinette, oblivious to the kwami watching her, packed up her bag, and ran downstairs, Tikki close behind. She went to the counter, running around the island, grabbing an apple and a cookie. She quickly stuffed Tikki and the cookie in her purse, and bit into the apple, running out of the house.

She ignored Sabine's scolding as she ran out of the bakery and across the street. Several cars stopped and honked their horns in frustration as the girl ran towards the school. Finished with her apple, she threw it in the nearby garbage can and ran up the front steps and ran to the door of her class. She looked at her phone to see the time.

10:35 A.M.

Marinette knew she screwed up this time, feeling very skeptical and scared about what would happen if she walked into that class. She peered into the door window and looked around, watching everyone taking a test-

CRAP!

Marinette mentally scolded herself as she realized today was the big history exam. The fortunate part was that she had studied all night long. The unfortunate part was that she couldn't remember a single thing.

Her eyes wandered around the classroom, looking at the teacher grading some papers, over to a certain blonde boy who looked very concentrated as his brows furrowed at the test. Marinette couldn't help but sigh at the sight of Adrien Agreste, who was the best thing that happened to her since Alya and Tikki. She loved looking at those bright green orbs of his, and she always felt like she was drowning into them. His smile was as bright as the sun, and his laugh-

Marinette's thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and she almost fell face flat on the floor. She scrambled to stand up straight and looked at the bemused teacher, Marinette's face flushed with red out of embarrassment. The teacher sighed and brought two of her fingers to the bridge of her nose, pinching it.

"Marinette, it is one thing to come late to class. But peering into the classroom and ignoring the fact that students are trying to concentrate is something completely unacceptable." The teacher scolded.