Chapter 3

AN: Here comes the rated M....if you feel uncomfortable reading it, just stop reading at the part where Marinette confesses her love for Chat...because that's where the rated M starts...heh. I also suck at writing stuff like this, so bear with me.

Four days.

Four days have passed since Marinette had last seen Chat Noir. Not one akuma has attacked in this period of time, which made it even more unbearable that she hasn't seen her beloved black cat. Marinette sat in class, tapping her pencil on her notebook, looking frustrated that she hasn't seen this cat in a while. Tikki claimed that maybe he needed time to think about what happened, but so did Marinette. I mean, after all, she is two-timing Adrien.

Well, sort of...

Marinette stared at the back of the blonde's head in question. She loved Adrien more than she loved her life as Ladybug. She still couldn't believe that she let Chat get to her like that, intentional or not. That obnoxious black cat, who flirts every chance he gets and makes the most ridiculous cat puns the world has ever heard. Marinette can't believe she kissed him instead her sweet Adrien, who was respectful and lovable, and perfect in every way, shape, or form.

Tikki was right. She probably shouldn't have let that kitten get into her civilian and personal life. But like she said before, he was pretty intoxicating, and it didn't help the fact that the kiss they shared four days ago was truly an unforgettable moment in Marinette's life.

The bell rang and disrupted Marinette's thoughts. She sighed and put her books into her bag, as it was time for lunch. Marinette went down to her locker and removed her lunch from the top shelf of her locker. She went to the lunch room and ate in silence. Alya, who was only eating a glazed donut, skimmed through her phone, looking for pictures of the two heroes. Alya looked up when she saw how Marinette poke at her dumpling in the soup she was eating. As the concerned best friend she was, Alya tapped Marinette's shoulder, which made the blue-haired girl jump up a little from the unexpected touch.

"Mari, are you okay? You've seen down in the dumps lately. Did something happen?"

Marinette looked at her best friend, feeling guilty. She felt bad enough that she had to make her friend worry about her like that, but she also couldn't tell her that she's been waiting for a certain someone to come through her bedroom window and kiss her senseless...again.

Marinette shook her head, "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Nino and Adrien came by, setting their lunch on the table and taking their seats. "Mari, I know you. And whatever you're sad about, I'm sure you can tell me. You can tell all of us."

Marinette wore a sad smile on her face. "Well, um...I guess I'm just tired, you know? All these tests and stuff are overwhelming."

Alya and Nino seemed to buy it. "True that, dude," Nino said, eating his burger, "I'm really sick all of these tests. I feel like I've been failing half of them. I mean, we're juniors, yeah, but give us break."

Alya nodded, "Right. And plus, running the Ladyblog is so exhausting. Like, I haven't seen any action in the past few days! I literally have to skim through all these photos just to find something interesting. But no, they're all from last week!"

Marinette sighed and smiled. It seems she has thrown them off the track. But the one person she just couldn't look in the eye was the boy sitting across from her. She tried to be somewhat engaged in the conversation, but couldn't help but notice out of the corner of her eye that Adrien was staring right at her. She couldn't read his expression, but it looked like he was...sad? Confused? Concerned? She couldn't tell.

"How about you, Adrien? What's been bothering you lately?"

Marinette was shocked when she heard those words, because they came from her mouth. She then started to turn really red as Nino and Alya looked at her with the most amazed looks on their faces, even Adrien was surprised. Somehow, Marinette had managed to say that without stuttering, as though she felt confident enough to say those simple words.