Bad Decisions (13)

(All Rights Reserved)

[PG-13]

~Queen

______________________

Nothing made sense anymore. I couldn't bring it to my understanding as to why Proquan was in that bid. But almost too quickly, I asked him.

"Why did you do it?" Proquan and I were now back in my room, sitting close to each other on the mattress.

"I don't know." A low mumble.

"You do know." I looked over at him crossing my arms. There's no way anyone could spend so much on a person and have no reason to do it.

"I don't have to explain myself to you." There goes that attitude issue again. I rolled my eyes.

"But if you bought me, shouldn't I atleast know why?"

"It's complicated."

"Do you see where I am? My whole life turned to a complication."

"Just drop it."

"Proquan."

"Avanah." A shiver went up my spine. I can't help but wonder why my breathing was caught up.

"Forget it."

A part of me hated to have given up so quick. I could have went on longer but I guess the point of it would've been weak.

"Pack up your things, I'll be back." What things.

It didn't take long for him to walk out of the room. There I was sitting alone wondering what the hell just happened and why. As told though I folded up my used clothes and set them on my bed.

It couldn't have been too long before my door unlocked.

"That was quick." I said.

Duffel bag in his hand, "it was a quick task."

Proquan dropped the bag and quickly walked to my window. He stood there with a glare in his eyes. Almost sad but-

"You know, it isn't fun for me either." Proquan didn't look at me at all.

"What isn't?"

"Working here. I originally never wanted to be here."

"Then why are you?" I asked.

"Evile took full custody of me when I was nine. I learned the ropes of being here and was hired at sixteen. Well not exactly hired but when he says to do something, you listen."

I mumbled, "don't I know."

"Today I nearly lost my mind. That damn bid."

"What happened out there? You never been so eager."

"I tried to convince myself that you were off of my hands, after I pushed you on stage I ran back to the building and I just stood there for a minute. I wanted to get your room instantly prepared for the next but when Evile started talking I knew I couldn't just let you be taken. So I ran back."

I could hear his breathing increase. Something in me started to grow warm. I hadn't felt such a thing in months.

"And you did that for me?" I knew the answer but I just had to hear it.

His head rocked top to bottom. "This feeling in me... It's-"

"Passion?"

Proquan flipped his head back to me. Immediately he rushed to me grabbing ahold of my face. "I tried to deny it. I knew the position we were in and I couldn't just tell you..."