Chapter 4

Leona POV

We had a field trip today to a green house today. I rode the bus here with Jasper and Alice, I always found their relationship so adorable and loving. I loved seeing them together, it may for most of you seem like third wheeling but in all honestly they're so sweet and loving that they always make me feel like I wasn't a third wheel.. that all changed when I feel a hand take mine in theirs.. it wasn't a cold hand. I gasped and pulled my hand away causing Jasper to look behind him at me before both our eyes land on Shawn.

"Can I talk to you? Alone." Shawn says looking at me before looking at Jasper and Alice.

"Why?" I ask stepping closer to Jasper. Jasper and Rosalie were like my security blanket honestly.

"I just need to talk." He says and Jasper gives me a small push towards him.

"Go." He simply says before leading Alice away with him.

"Ok.." I say and follow him outside where no one was right now.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I ask playing with my fingers my eyes glued to the ground.

"Would you like explaining to me how last night I found an article on a girl by the name of Leona Eleanor Hearst who looks exactly like you? A girl who was presumed dead 67 years ago?" My eyes widen.

"You're cold, your eyes change color, you're fast and strong, you and your family keep a lot to themselves.. I've heard legends about what you are.. you're a vampire aren't you?" If my heart was beating it would've probably stopped at his words. How? How did he find out so quickly?

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say making him chuckle.

"Yes you do.. you're just scared." He says taking a step closer to me. "Scared of what would happen if I tell anyone, scared of what can happen between us with me being human." He took my hand in his.

"Well I'm not gonna tell anyone.." He says putting a hand under my chin.

"You have no idea the danger you'd put yourself in.. you need to stay away from me Shawn." He gives a small smile at my words.

"I can't.. you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and you had my heart from the moment you walked through those doors." That made me freeze before I pull away from him.

"Stay away from me Shawn.. I'll only bring misfortune in your life." I say as Alice and Jasper came.

"Are you going to be ridding with us?" Alice asked Shawn as Jasper kept his distance.

"No." I say still looking at Shawn before walking away to the bus. I see from the corner of my eye how Jasper gave Shawn a court nod and Alice gives him a small smile and I see Edward with Bella he looks at me as if he just now started listening to my thoughts and I roll my eyes when my eyes meet Bella before getting in the bus.

~Time Skip~

"Why do you keep pushing him away? He already knows." Alice asks as she walks through the door.

"You told him?" Rosalie asked and I shake my head quickly.

"No! Of course not! He said he found an old article of me that said I was presumed dead 67 years ago.. I'll have to find any left trace of me and shut it down before anyone else finds out." I say with a sigh.

"Why don't you invite him over then." That made me jump not knowing Esme got here as well.

"What?" I ask not believing I heard right.

"Invite him over... that way we can all get to know him." Esme says giving me her motherly smile.

"Esme I... I can't do that to him.. I can't get his hopes up and-" I was cut off by her.

"What about your hope Leona? I've never seen you hopeful.. happy. And when you talk about him there's a light in your eyes that non of us have ever seen on you.. give yourself the chance to be happy." She says giving me a small smile and a hug before leaving the room with Alice and before Rosalie leaves I take her hand.

"Can you pet my hair?" I ask and she smiles at me taking a seat on my bed as I lay my head on her lap and her hands start to caress my hair. Rosalie was so loving and her hands so softly caressing my hair always gave me a sense of calmness.

"You know Esme's right." She says making me sigh.

"I don't want to hurt him Rosalie." I say looking up at her see her giving me her sisterly smile.

"You need to trust in yourself Leo." She says before a comfortable silence took over us.

~Next Day~

I took a deep breath before walking up to Shawn who was taking food for his lunch as I quietly giggle at the sour face he was giving the tomatoes.

"Don't like tomatoes?" I ask from his side making him jump and look at me.

"No I don't.. I hate tomatoes." He says with such a hateful look glaring at the making me giggle.

"I thought you said I should stay away from you." He says making me sigh and look down.

"You should.. just because I say you should doesn't mean I want you too.. it just means I don't want to hurt you." I say.

"Well I don't want to stay away either.." He says making me look up and give him a small smile.

"How about I pick you up tomorrow and take you to my house? Meet the whole family?" I ask shyly and I see him smile brightly.

"I'd love too." He says making me smile brightly for once.

"Good.. don't eat breakfast I'm sure Esme would like to cook something for you." I say making him chuckle and nod as I smile and went to turn around before stopping and looking at him.

"No tomatoes." I say with a giggle making him laugh before taking one of the muffins in his hand placing it on the tray.

"Please no tomatoes." He says back and I nodded.

"Any requests?" I ask and he shook his head.

"Not really I'd eat anything as long as it doesn't have tomatoes." I giggle and nodded before feeling brave and walking towards him getting on my tippy toes and kissing his cheek before quickly making it back to the table with the others Edward still talking with Bella.

Sorry for the Shawn meme and reference if you're part of the Mendes Army you'd know what I'm talking about in this chapter. But I think the song up top and the meme told you that..