"Shit." I attempted to navigate myself through the living room into my bedroom without waking Belle up. The door creaked obnoxiously loudly as I crept into the room. Opening the bottom drawer of my dresser, I pulled out the fluffiest blanket that was colored in dark blue. The drawer slammed shut as I kicked it close.

"Calum?" Belle tried to open her eyes as she sat up and flicked the lamp on. Her ink colored hair was tangled into a bird's nest as my shirt was wrinkled on her.

"Go back to sleep, Belle." Turning the light off, I pulled the comforter further up her body.

"Don't you wanna sleep here too? It's your bed after all." Her voice was raspy as she groggily opened her eyes again.

"It's okay, baby. Go back to sleep." I pressed my lips on her forehead causing her to close her eyes again. My anger of course disappeared after hours of reflecting (more like trying to fall asleep but failing). Although I didn't understand her ways of management, I had no right to judge her like that. I wasn't going to apologize though.

We were both at fault, so it was better just to forget everything.

-

"I've heard many great things about your medical assistance, Belle," Alice complimented as she chewed onto the spam that she made. Belle blushed, clutching onto her fork as she thanked Alice.

"You want to be a doctor? Isn't that kinda for uptight people?" I was getting sick and tired of Michael's bitter attitude all morning. Alice offered Belle at five in the morning to stay over for breakfast, so that they could get to know each other more.

"In my opinion, being a doctor can apply to all classes of people." Belle swallowed her hot cocoa and nicely replied back to the asshole.

"All of the act like know-it-alls though," Michael rebutted while he gulped down his orange juice.

"Michael, not everyone has the same personality when it comes to their dreams. Those are just stereotypes." Alice informed Michael as she gave him that look.

"Still, I feel like doctors are uptight bitches-"

"How about you stop being a bitch for once?" I slammed my fork down near my plate with a sudden lose in appetite. Belle grabbed onto my thigh from under the table and squeezed it lightly.

"You can't be serious." Michael scoffed as he threw his arms up into the air and later crossed his arms.

"Pretty sure I'm serious since you are acting like an irritating piece of shit." Standing up, Michael and I both got up on our feet and glared at each other.

"I'm being a piece of shit? You've got to be kidding me, Calum. I was just asking questions and stating my fucking opinions." Michael's red hair shook as he raised his voice at me.

"You weren't stating your motherfucking opinions, you were fucking targeting my girlfriend," I yelled back as I gestured to Belle, not even looking back at her.

"Oh so now she's your girlfriend? You fucking called me yesterday complaining about you fighting with her." Michael's arms flexed as she gripped onto the glass table. None of the girls dared to make a move as they stared at the argument forming between us.

"Like you and Alice don't have fights. You two have the most dysfunctional relationship I've ever seen." I pointed at the both of them.

"Don't you dare compare my girlfriend with your's." Michael's index finger pushed my chest back as I gritted my teeth.

"At least mine doesn't depend on a good-for-nothing asshole." I grabbed Belle's arm and pulled her towards the door.

"Get the fuck out of my damn apartment." Michael slammed his glass against the floor and flipped me off only to have me return his gesture.

Belle has been uncomfortable the entire ride to her house. She kept squirming around which were followed by heavy sighs.

"I don't like this." She complained as she faced me after I parked the car in front of her house.

"What?" I leaned against my chair and sucked onto the mint melting on my tongue.

"You and Michael were fighting because I was being an idiot and arguing back with him." Belle picked on her sweater -to her disappointment and mine, she changed out of my shirt since it was freezing outside- and looked back up at me.

"It wasn't your fault. Stop worrying, we've been arguing ever since Alice came. Let's just go before your mom gets here, okay?" I unbuckled my seatbelt and ushered her towards the door. Her lips puffed out smoke due to the weather as she shuffled for her keys. I stuffed my hands into my sweatshirt until the door tore open with a formally dressed middle-aged woman standing right in front of us.

Her eggplant colored dress clung onto her sides as a pair of black high heels matched her dark hair.

"Belle, explain to me why this boy has taken you home instead of Rose."

~

Aw shit i updated. yeah i took my audition but tbh, i think i failed.

-kat hoodings