Chapter Twenty-three

Start from the beginning

"Uh huh, suuuure. Wait a minute...you said Chloe Claire before," Jacob said as the game ended. "You're talking to Chloe Claire? Like 'talking' talking or just talking."

Here we go again. "Jess, Chloe, and I are having a study group today," I said as I looked over at my phone. Did she text me yet?

"Oh," Jacob laughed. "You know for a minute there I thought you liked the girl or something. I mean, sure, she could be hot, but she's totally not your type my man. Not to mention she's a bitch."

My eyebrows shot up and anger rose within me. "Chloe is not a bitch, Jacob. You hung out with her at the pizza place, too, and you even laughed at some of her jokes," I said through gritted teeth. I don't think anyone would ever understand what I liked about Chloe Claire. Apparently to the world they believed I could never be with someone like her, but what exactly did that even mean? She was beautiful...smart...funny... How come everyone in the world couldn't see that but me?

"Sounds like you like the bitch," Jacob laughed, throwing his controller on the couch.

I sighed. Jacob wasn't worth it. "I'm just gonna go. I'll see you later," I stood up from the couch, grabbed my keys, and walked out of the door.

"See ya man," Jacob laughed as I shut the door.

I rolled my eyes and my phone buzzed. I quickly looked to see the text.

Chloe: Hey I have some bad news

My mind started to race. Bad news?! What did she mean by bad news?!

Me: Bad news? What is it?

Chloe: All of the rooms are full :(

I ran my fingers through my hair and bit my lip and stared down the long hallway. Damn. I really should've reserved the room earlier, but I didn't. Now I must pay the consequence. My phone buzzed again.

Chloe: If you want, we could all study in my dorm.

Study in her dorm? I never thought of that before. I began texting away:

Me: Are you sure? We could always meet somewhere else.

Chloe: We don't really have a lot of options. Unless you want to have it at your dorm instead that's fine.

I thought about Jacob. I really didn't want her to be around him. He would just be an unnecessary distraction–not to mention also an asshole. Sometimes I wondered why I was still friends with the guy, except I remembered that he could actually be a good guy, whether he wanted to believe it or not. Deep inside of him, I knew there was a nice guy trying to come out, but he kept suffocating him each and every time.

Me: No your place is fine. I'll go ahead and text Jess.

Chloe: I haven't even given you my dorm room number yet

Me: Don't worry, I remember it from last time I was there.

Chloe: Alrighty then. I guess I'll see you at 1 at my dorm along with Jess?

Me: That's the plan

Chloe: Okay see ya then!

Me: See ya!

I looked at the time on my phone. It wasn't even an hour before one o' clock. I quickly texted Jess about the time and place, and she soon responded that she would be there on time. I shoved my phone in my pocket and wondered what I would do until then. I remembered Chloe saying that coffee helped her study. I guessed I could just grab a couple raspberry mochas. Would that be too much? Probably. But was I going to do it anyway? Yep.