Chapter Nineteen.

My two days off came to an end and the team had to go to work today. I was dreading running into Reid, which I knew I would because I hadn't called him since the night I took the last bit of innocence that he had left. I mentally scolded myself as I ran a hand through my hair once I got into the elevator. How was I going to get through today?

"Rough morning?" I heard a familiar voice say. Shit! "Yeah, I guess you could say that." I replied less enthusiastic. "Everything okay? You haven't returned any of my calls and I was starting to worry." Reid said softly as he turned my head gently to face him. "Spence..I'm sorry. I've just been having my own mental battles and --"

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, Lauren. All I care about is that you're safe." Reid interrupted before leaning forward to press a gentle kiss to my temple. "Thanks, Spence..you're truly the best." I replied softly before stumbling slightly out of the elevator. "I think my clumsiness is rubbing off on you." Reid joked before helping me stay steady on my feet. "Oh god, I hope not." I laughed softly before following Reid to the conference room where the rest of the team waited. "Okay, let's get started." Hotch deadpanned, and I was already dreading this day, knowing Hotch would pair me up with Reid.

I'd dozed off for a few minutes on the plane after Hotch gave the rest of the briefing. I opened my eyes slowly as I felt the seat next to me become occupied. "Everything alright, kid?" Morgan asked as he raised a brow in curiosity. "Y-yeah. Everything is good, why?" I asked before cleaning my throat and turning to face Morgan slightly. "Reid hasn't taken his eyes off of you all day and you seem to be avoiding him. So, what happened?" Morgan spoke, sounding amused. "Nothing you need details to." I blurted out and I instantly felt my cheeks were on fire. "Well I'll be damned." Morgan laughed as he met Reid's gaze and gave him a thumbs up before going to pat his arm gently. "Well congrats, Reid." Morgan smirked before going back to his seat.

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath, low enough for no one to hear.

"I'm sorry about him.." Reid said embarrassed as he say across from me now so he was slightly hidden from the others, who were resting before we landed. "I-It's alright. I set myself up for that one and ugh, I'm sorry I know that was meant to be private." I whispered. "It's fine, Lauren. Us being together the way we were that night? I'm not ashamed of it. I'm lucky that it was someone as experienced and astoundingly beautiful as you." Reid spoke softly before reaching forward to pat my knee gently before he leaned back and decided to rest as well before we landed.