Chapter Eleven

Lauren had spend most of the day researching and with Garcia's help, tried to triangulate where Camila's phone had called me from. Garcia was trying her hardest and almost had a lead multiple times, and came up empty.

"Lauren?" Reid spoke softly as he peeked his head into Garcia's work space, where I had been all day.

"Yeah, Reid." Lauren replied half heartedly.

"Come with me, you need to eat and get some rest. I'm taking you to my apartment for the night." Reid said confidentially as he approached lauren, lifting her gently up from her chair.

"Reid, I can't leave. I have to keep look--" Lauren was interrupted by a growl from her stomach. Reid shook his head, not taking no for an answer as he lead Lauren out of the building and into his car swiftly. He'd become different since meeting lauren, and they both knew he'd do anything for her.

"Reid." Lauren groaned, buckling up and not bothering to physically fight back.

"Lauren, look at you. You're exhausted and need to eat, I'll look after you, the team is going to do their best to catch this guy, okay?" Reid said as he started up his SUV and headed for his apartment not too far from the BAU.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren sat on Reid's couch, looking around sleepily as he prepared a sandwich for her, along with some orange juice to keep up Lauren's immune system.

"Here, LoLo." Reid spoke softly as he placed the sandwich on my lap, almost embarrassed of his nickname for me.

"Thank you, Reid. You're truly an amazing friend." Lauren managed to speak before starting on her sandwich and finishing not too long after, she must've been hungrier than she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Note: all POV in 3rd person, and mixed POV}

Reid watched over Lauren protectively as she slept, not too long after eating, lauren had crashed onto Spencer's bed, curled up into a ball with dried tears on her cheeks. Lauren was truly upset about this whole situation and Reid just wanted to know how he could make it better, or was there even a way to do that? In the past few months that they'd known each other Reid had undeniably fallen slowly for this girl.

His feelings grew for her every single minute they spent together. Lauren had this effect on many people, but who would've thought Reid would be one of them? Spencer Reid wasn't your typical guy. He was highly intelligent, considered a genius to most. Has an eidetic memory, and could read a whole novel quicker than you could say Dr. Spencer Reid. In the time that Lauren had been in the BAU, Reid had broken out of his shell little by little and he was grateful for that.

How could Spencer be in love with a woman he met not too long ago? He'd never felt this way towards anyone before, except maybe JJ in the first few moments of working with her. But this was different for Reid, He knew Lauren was the one for her..but there was only one problem...Lauren was still in a relationship with someone else, but Reid would wait for her if he had to.

Suddenly Reid's thoughts were interrupted by Lauren's shifting in his bed, and her calling out his name.

"Reid? Reid!" Lauren exclaimed before sitting up in bed, trying to catch her breath.

"Lauren, It's alright! I'm here." Reid said as he crawled onto the bed and began rubbing Lauren's back gently, moving her hair to the side of one of her shoulders.

"I-I'm sorry, I had a nightmare." Lauren spoke shakily, and at the same confirming that it wasn't another one of those dreams that Lauren had once before.

"It's all alright, you're safe. No word yet from the team but we're doing all we can, okay?" Reid said reassuringly, although it stung him that she was so upset over camila.