Chapter Five.

Morgan, Rossi, and JJ helped get the hostages to safety. We returned to the LAPD conference room and collected all of our go bags and files. I of course was one of the last ones out, but I just needed a moment to take it all in. This was what I'd be doing for the rest of my life and I'm going to love every bit of it.

I was interrupted by my personal phone ringing, smiling once I saw that it was Camila calling me. I pressed 'Answer' and held the phone to my ear.

"Hey baby." I greeted her as I heard her gasp softly on the other side of the phone.

"You're okay! I've been worried. How are you baby girl? When are you coming home? The dogs and I miss you." Camila said in her cute worried tone.

"I'm okay, my love. I'll see you soon okay baby? The plane is about ready and I'm headed for the air port. I love you." I said before hanging up the phone as soon as I did, I heard a gentle knock on the door frame, Reid was leaning against it.

"Was that your boyfriend?" He asked as politely as he could.

I shook my head before swallowing hard. "Uh, no..it was my girlfriend actually." I said awkwardly.

"Oh." Reid said, sounding crushed.

"You okay?" I asked him as I swung my bag over my shoulder, approaching him.

"Y-yeah I'm okay." Reid said quietly.

"Okay, well come on. We're going to miss our flight." I stated as I patted his arm and headed to our SUV, driving to the airport to get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stretched after taking about an hour nap, standing up to go get some coffee in the very small hall way of the Jet. I noticed that everyone was asleep, and I saw that Reid wasn't on the couches.

Just as I began pouring my coffee Reid had come out of the restroom, he smelled like mint. He must've just brushed his teeth.

"Hey Reid." I said as I have him a small smile, leaning against the counter while I waited for my coffee to cool down slightly.

"Hey." He said, still sounding sad from hearing my conversation with Camila earlier.

"Everything okay?" I asked. Reid shook his head as he ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Not really. Look, Lauren..I know this is unprofessional but I've developed...a crush on you I guess that's what it's called." He said embarrassed. "And I don't ever have those but there's something about you." He spoke quietly as he inched his face closer to mine.

"I suddenly feel like a new man around you. No, let me rephrase that..you've made me feel like a real man without even trying, Lauren." Reid whispered before he pressed his plump lips against my full ones, his long arms wrapping around my small body and pulling me a little closer.

I let him kiss me for a moment before I pushed him away gently. His reaction nearly broke my heart, he looked so rejected and upset.

"Spencer, I think you're a really nice guy and you're super adorable and smart but..I have a girlfriend. I told you this earlier!" I said as quiet as possible.

"Lauren..please." Reid whined as his sad eyes looked into mine.

"Reid...yes I'm not fully gay but I'm with Camila, my girlfriend. She means the world to me, I'm sorry." I felt a lump form in my throat as I grabbed my now probably cold coffee and went to sit in my seat, putting in my earphones as I watched Reid sadly shuffle to his seat, closing his eyes for the rest of the flight so he wouldn't have to look at me. I truly feel bad, he genuinely likes me, he's a good guy but I can't be doing something like this. For fucks sake it's my first day here and I've already fucked up. I only hope he'll be okay once we get back to the BAU.