Chapter×24

Depuis le début

"Uhh..." I trailed off as I looked at Sky, and she nodded her head. "Yeah, sure."

"OK, send your location."

"Alright, see you." I hung up the phone before sending him my location. I sighed as I put my phone back in my lap and looked at Sky.

"What's wrong, why you making that face?" She asked.

"I don't know, I feel kinda weird about hanging out with Coolie, considering the facts that I'm pregnant with Jahseh's baby, Jahseh doesn't like Coolie, and I'm kinda not really over Jahseh."

"See there you go, thinking too much. Jahseh is locked up, and he doesn't even know about the baby, and Coolie just wants to hang out wit you, not get married, child."

I ran my fingers through my hair as I thought: she's right. I am getting ahead of myself without even facing reality. With Jahseh going to jail, me being pregnant, and Coolie coming back into the picture, it's all making me think about how things would go badly instead of taking it all one day at a time.

Hopefully everything turns out better than how I see it.

-

"Come on, just try a lil bit!" Coolie said as he moved his nasty pistachio flavored ice cream closer to my face. I scrunched my face up in disgust and moved back; I hate pistachios with a passion. "Ughh, no! Stop tryna make me eat that nasty ass pistachio shit, and let me enjoy my strawberry ice cream in peace, please." I laughed.

He chuckled as he moved his ice cream away from me. "Man, you a hater."

"No I am not, I just don't like nuts that much. Especially pistachios."

"You buggin', pistachios are the best."

I shrugged my shoulders and licked my ice cream. "Oh well. I still don't like 'em."

He shook his head and chuckled before finishing his ice cream. "Anyway, what you want to do after this?"

"I have no idea. What you got in mind?" I said before finishing the last of my cone.

"We could go see a movie?"

I nodded my head. "I'm down."

He flashed a smile at me and nodded his head. "Cool, let's go."

We stood up from the bench and walked around the plaza parking lot until we found his car. We got in and drove to a nearby theater. Once he parked the car, we got in line to buy our tickets as we continued to conversate.

"So you've never told me your real name, Coolie." I teased.

He laughed. "You don't want to know my real name, Kehlani."

"But at least you know my name." I arched my eyebrow.

He chuckled then sighed. "You really want to know my real name?"

"Yep."

"I swear I hate it so much."

"It's probably not even that bad, it's not like you're named after some weird shit, are you?"

"Nah," he shook his head. "it's just that it sounds like an old white man's name. I fucking hate it."

I laughed. "So what, is it Hubert? Gary? Harry? Bob?"