I Cheated~ Lance

Lance x Pidge

"I always loved Pidge, since the First moment I saw her. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, So I proposed to her. We were so happy, and the first few days I was ecstatic.

The first few months, I was contented.

But after 3 months, I made the greatest mistake of my life...

I cheated on her.

I didn't know what had gotten into me. Maybe because Allura was very different from Pidge, my wife.

She was wild, while my wife was as soft as a marshmallow, though sometimes I think otherwise.

 I hid it from her for more than a month. I went home late, I made sure I showed no evidence of Allura on me before I entered our house.

Then the news came. 

Pidge was having twins, that ment her pregnancy was going to be very difficult since she was such a petite woman.

Day after day, my conscience got me. I got guiltier more and more, until I told Allura that I wanted to stop.

She didn't want us to. She insisted that she made me happier than Pidge ever did. She said that she loved me.

But going home every night to my wife, seeing her innocent smile and the way she would ask how my day went, the way she hugs and kisses me, takes care of me, her I love you's....

I didn't want to let that go.

So I stopped my affair with Allura, and I told everything to Pidge.

And when I saw her broken expression, how I wanted to turn back time. How I wanted to just die right there.

She didn't yell at me. 

She didn't hurt me physically

She didn't throw a fit.

She just stood there, and cried silently.

I thought she would never forgive me.I thought she would file a divorce immediately, because I would've understood if she did.

But she forgave me. She made me promise not to do it again.

She said.... She said she'll be better.

That's when it hit me. Everything was my fault, but because she loved me, she blamed herself. I tried making it up to her. We continued on with our lives together, but I knew that things would never be the same.

She never told me, but I know that every night, she still cries herself to sleep. She still has nightmares about it, she still wonders where she went wrong.

Oh man......

I scarred her for life.

To other men out there, don't ever cheat on your partners. You may not know what the impact is to your girlfriend/ Wives."

Lance turned off his webcam and looked down at his one little boy and his one little girl in the Cribs next to the couch. He walked up the stairs and into his room where his beautiful wife was crying on their bed. He sat next to her and hugged her and said, ever so quietly " I'm so so so Sorry."  

He heard her whisper one thing before she fell asleep against him. 

" Why was I not good enough?"