"They just wanted me to ask. We didn't really think it was you guys, but we had to make sure." I try to convince him, remembering that eventually, I have to ask him for help. That was going to be fun, especially with how rude he was acting.

"Well you can go now then, it wasn't us." His eyes flicker to the door.

"Do you know who or what is digging up the bodies?" I pressed. He made a noise that sounded like a growl.

"No, but when we figure it out we'll loop you all in, okay?" He gives me a fake smile and tries to stand up. My patients are gone.

"Descendit!" I yell in a hushed whisper and point with my index finger at his seat. He plops down in the chair. It was a simple spell to mimic Kate's Telekinesis. There was a word for each direction you wanted someone to move it. I used the word for "down" to make him sit back down. I was tired of playing this game with Daniel. 

I came here for answers.

"We want to offer a truce," I told him, clasping my hands together on the table. He stopped looking at my neck, focussed on my hands. I couldn't help but smirk. I was tired of being underestimated. Daniel was going to take me seriously.

"A truce? Why?" He leaned back, unconvinced.

"The bodies being dug up are only half of whats going on. You remember my sister, Dara?" He was finally listening. I could tell by how engaged his eyes were. "She's gotten herself into a mess. I knew she was troubled, but this is more than I ever imagined." It was hard to say. As an older sibling, you feel like you have a responsibility and the way Dara was turning out -- meant I had failed.

"She's in a Cult, Daniel." His face softened. I could feel my eyes filling with tears. "Ivelyn and I snuck into one of their meetings and," I had to stop myself. I wiped my face. "She's planning to kill me on the next full moon." I didn't have to tell him what day that was. 

I half expected him to make some smart ass comment, but he didn't.

He started to reach across the table but stopped himself.

"What do you need?" This was the Daniel I knew. His eyes were melting into mine. 

"There's eleven of them in the Cult. We're outnumbered. Ivelyn wanted me to ask if you and Giu would help us." He was already nodding before I finished. 

"I'll have to ask Giu, but she's always up for a good fight." He smiled. 

I did too, remembering how Giu had thrown Ivelyn across the hallway with ease. They were strong.

"Thank you." I found myself telling him. 

"Is there anything else?" I saw the confliction on his face. I recognized it from my own face. Why were we like this? We never seemed to be on the same page. There was always something stopping us from being together.

I almost told him yes, even though there wasn't. 

I wanted an excuse to continue to talk to him. 

I wanted to get back with him.

"Your text," the words floated out of me. We had barely talked about it. He had dismissed it, saying it was a mistake, but we both knew better. 

He tried not to look at me, but I was persistent -- the theme of the day.

"I should go," as he said this I went to use the spell against him again. Except, I didn't have to because he sat back down. "We shouldn't talk about the text. We already talked and I thought we were on the same page that we shouldn't be together. We shouldn't even be talking. We're not good together." The begging in his tone made me almost believe him.