17- Crash & Burn

We rode home in almost complete, the only conversation restricted and forced. Green light after green light we passed, the car engine the only noise in the quiet car.

Finally, Asa pulled over to the curb by my aunt's flat and let out a huffy breath.

"April," He put the car in park and turned to face me. "You know we only have a couple days left until you fly back home,"

"And we've only done half of the things on the list!" I complained, unbuckling my seat belt. "We still have to visit the Hollywood sign, eat at In and Out Burger, and have a scary movie marathon!"

"Trust me, In and Out is nothing special," Asa chuckled. "It's a really big deal in Islington but my mom can cook better burgers."

"Okay fine, we don't have to go there. But we still have to do the other two things."

"Two?" Asa knitted his brows in confusion. "There should be three things,"

"Well..." I repressed back a smile and tried to conceal my blushing. "The third one is personal. It's uh, not on the list."

Asa shot me a sly grin and began to stroke his invisible grin.

"Okay, whatever you say."

"I should probably get going, my parents are waiting." I lied, trying to switch the subject as discreetly as possible. If I told Asa the last goal on the list was for him have a real kiss with me, he'd laugh right in my face and go back to thinking of me as a fangirl.

"Alright," Asa looked disappointed as he stepped out of the car. In a flash he we by my side, opening the car door for me. I graciously stepped out, millions of thoughts in my mind.

For a moment we just stood there in silence, neither of us knowing how to properly say goodbye.

"So..." My voice trailed off and I ogled my feet, clearly tongue tied.

"Do you think this will be the last time we'll see each other?" Asa asked, breaking the icy silence. He was not taking any side route- he went for the big question.

It sunk in like an anchor on a ship- it was just dawning on me now how little time we had left together. In less than a mere 72 hours, I would be on a plane flying back home.

And Asa would still be here, in California.

"Honestly," I replied, looking Asa in the eye. "I don't know. I really want to see you once more before I leave,"

"I'll take you to see the Hollywood sign tomorrow." Asa smiled assuringly, his hands on my wrists. "It'll be the grand finale, even though we never made it through your list."

"Alright," I agreed, a grin creeping up on my face. "Sounds like a plan."

Just then, Asa's iPhone began to ring from his behind pocket.

He rolled his eyes and reluctantly checked his phone. Seeing the caller ID, he pressed ignore and slipped it back into his jeans.

"It's my mom, I've gotta head back to my hotel room and call her back." He said, letting out a sigh. "Sorry."

"It's alright. Family comes first, especially when you haven't seen them in almost a month."

"See ya later Alice." He said reaching for my hand. We pulled into a quick embrace, his massive height making me feel like a small child.

After our Hollywood date tomorrow, this would be the last time I would see Asa Butterfield. The boy whom I had fantasized over for years was finally in my reach-he was finally mine- and now I had to let it all go and say goodbye. Girls would kill to have the experience I had, and even though I knew I should've been feeling thankful, I couldn't help but feel nothing but remorse.

As Asa pulled away he wiped a tear from my eye. I sniffled and closed my eyes.

"Don't cry, we've still got tomorrow,"

I nodded in agreement as Asa began to walk back to his car. He waved one last time before taking a seat and speeding off.

I stood there on the porch after he had disappeared, emotions flooding my body. I watched Asa's car get smaller and smaller in the distance until it was nothing but a speck.

Finally, I turned around to open the door when I heard a crash off in the distance, followed by a car alarm.

AYE! I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTA, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SHORT. VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT! :)