6- White Fury

Alice's POV

"Her house is right there." I pointed to Aunt Bea's Victorian as Asa gently put on the brakes and came to a halt.

"I hope you had a good time today, even though it was kinda ruined." Asa said in a downcast tone. "I wish those cameramen weren't there to screw up our time at JAVA."

"Me too." I replied in a muffled whisper. "We need to reschedule."

"We will." Asa assured me, his spirit finally beginning to lighten up. "I'll make it up to you."

Before I could even flinch, Asa promptly exited his suave mustang and politely opened the passenger door for me. I began to blush uncontrollably as I stepped out of the vehicle and tried to mask my fondness towards him.

"I'll text you sometime soon, Alice." Asa promised, the good-natured sparkle in his crystal blue eyes drawing me into his gaze. "See ya around, I guess."

"I had a really nice time today." I said wholeheartedly as I turned my back from Asa and started off towards Aunt Bea's front door. "Bye."

With each step I took a part inside of me seemed to fizzle out and die. Asa became further and further from my reach and the extravagant events of today seemed less and less real.

As I reluctantly reached for the door knob I forced myself to glance back once more despite the poignant feelings I knew it would bring. I saw Asa grin and offer a wave as he began to walk back to his car. I managed to wave back before turning back towards Aunt Bea's house. Bittersweet emotions flushed inside of me as I finally swing open the grande wooden door and the welcoming smell of vanilla and coffee yanked me inside.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"You have to stop giving in to Alice's every wish! You're not her personal puppet!"

"I just wanted to protect her, is that such a crime?"

"It is if you don't tell her own parents!"

"I would've told you guys if you weren't so over protective! Alice is almost fifteen, for God's sake!"

"I don't care how old she is, she's still to young to be alone with a sixteen year old boy, especially a celebrity!"

Before me was a full-fledged fight; the line had been drawn and the sides had been taken. The second I had walked in the door the booming voices of my father, aunt, and mother nearly knocked down the house. Of course, no one had even noticed my presence- they were to wrapped up in their own little feud.

By the tiny snippet of the conversation I had heard, it was clear that Aunt Bea caved and spilled her guts to my parents about going to see Asa. I knew the secret was bound to reveal itself at some point, I just didn't expect it to be so soon.

I also didn't expect my parents to be so furious.

"Damn it, John! I had to hide this from you because you can't give you daughter any responsibility!"

"I don't need you to tell me how to raise my own kid!"

"She's not a kid! Alice is practically an adult, and unlike you I treat her like one!"

"Hey!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, diverting everyone's attention. The room fell silent as I felt the repugnant glares boring holes into my eyes. All I needed now was a spotlight.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

My mother asked in an irate tone. "How could you keep this from us?"

"I knew and dad would go insane the second I told you! You guys baby me way to much and you don't trust me to make my own decisions!"

"Bullcrap!" My father yelled, throwing his hands in the air. "Your mother and I give you lots of responsibility, but this is the reason why we can't trust you!"