3- Reflections

Asa's P.O.V

There was something about Alice...

Something special in the twinkle of her cocoa brown eyes or in her dashing and brilliant smile. Something special in her quirky sense of humor or in the comfortable way she could talk to me; as if we had known each other since childhood.

Although we had just met, I felt oddly compelled to see her again- maybe that had been the impetus to give her my number. To Alice it must have been like a dream come true, and I really hope she hadn't taken it as an attempt to flirt.

Don't get me wrong, she's humorous and dramatic and even though we really "clicked" the minute we met, I'm definitely not in love. I can picture Alice as a potential friend; her colorful personality and bubbly spirit is too hard to resist for anyone.

But what if she's in love with me? Alice is obviously a fan of mine, and now that we have a way of communicating whenever we pleased, she might start to crush on me if she isn't is already?

A million thoughts of uncertainty swirled in my mind as I drearily watched the homes and trees of LA whirl by. As I sat slumped by the limo window in thought, Alice couldn't leave my mind.

I drew up a variety of scenarios that could play out if we started to hang out and text. A blossoming friendship could arise, but we could also be spit apart if Alice fell head over heels for me. As of now and probably well into the future I really wanted to keep my relations with Alice at a friend basis, but I knew very well anything was possible.

Feelings could change at any point in time: I can fall asleep thinking of Alice as just a friend but I could wake up the next morning with a few feelings for her.

I shook all thoughts of Alice from my head, knowing that dwelling on our possible relationship would do nothing but distract me. I had other things to worry about, such as video chatting my mother or my little sister Loxie. I haven't heard from them since yesterday morning, and I can't wait to see the smiling baby face of my sister.

For the rest of the ride to the hotel, my driver and I just sat in silence. Awkwardness filled the space between us, isolating me from conversation. I continued to stare obliviously out the backseat window until the limo finally pulled up to the hotel.

The driver opened the door for me and I courteously thanked him with a tip before heading inside, thoughts of Alice still lingering at the back of my brain.