5- Downhill

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This chapter is the start of some plot twists! I hope you're excited about what happens in the next chapter!

Alice's POV

The blaring sound of the alarm clock hollering in my ear woke me up. I mindlessly swung my hand over the side of the bed and gave the alarm a hefty slap, shutting off it's pestering noise.

I let the welcoming morning sun shine through my window again, the warm vibe sending me into a happy mood.

I shuffled over to my phone reposing on the dresser, and after unlocking it a sudden realization sent a deep-seated feeling of excitement inside me.

Today was SATURDAY.

In exactly 2 hours and 17 minutes, I would be on my way to JAVA, the little coffee shop Asa had told me about. Sometime last night he has texted me the address; the last 24 hours of my life had been so extraordinary that when I saw "MESSAGE FROM ASA" as a pop-up on my lock screen, I was taken aback for a moment.

Then the memories came flooding back.

One memory in particular had rubbed me the wrong way.

My parents were still clueless about my run-in with Asa, thanks to my stupid big mouth shouting out things before my brain had a chance to straighten them out. Of course, I had hastily told Aunt Bea not to mention anything, and OF COURSE she respected my decision.

Thoughts of doubt encased me as I greeting my family resting in the living room before heading to the large bathroom to clean up.

------------------------------------------------------

I stepped up on the little stool to examine myself from head-to-toe in the large, ornate bathroom mirror. I had on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a short sleeve aéro top, and green converse.

I was as ready as I'd ever be.

Glancing at the wall clock beside me,

I let out a sigh of relief; it was only 9:40. That means I still had twenty minutes to spare, which really meant I had twenty minutes to pace around the house and drive myself up a wall from anxiety.

I forced myself to bottle up my emotions as I casually strolled into the living room, not giving away any inkling that I was nervous as hell.

I has just walked into a room of complete chaos. My parents were scrambling around the living room like little ants desperately searching for their hill. They wore plagued expressions on their faces as they tore apart my aunt's leather couch, not even acknowledging my presence.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously, walking over to my mother.

"Well, you know how your father and I were supposed to go on that Hollywood Tour at 10?" My mother asked frantically, not even looking up from the mess she had made of Aunt Bea's couch.

"Yeah,"

"Well we can't find Bea's house keys for when we come back at one. By that time your aunt won't be home."

"We need to leave in five!" My father shouted from the kitchen, bolting in the living room with the pesky house keys in his hands. "I found the keys!"

"Thank God!" My mother turned to me and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Love you Alice, see you later!"

"Bye, Alice!" My father called before he disappeared into the kitchen once again with my mother trailing behind. I heard the back door slam shut and the lock turn, sending Aunt Bea's Victorian house into complete silence.

A sly grin snuck up on me as a shocking revelation hit me like a boulder: now that my parents were gone, I could see Asa later and they wouldn't even have to find out. Since I has already tangled myself into a spiderweb of lies, in order to keep myself out of trouble I had no choice but to make it bigger.