6

He woke up the next morning to a text from Coulson, about the arrival of the team. 

'They're arriving in a few days. I've set them on another mission that was on course to your location,' The text didn't really surprise him, because Coulson knew that Beacon Hills and he were in no immediate danger, so the team is sent on a mission on their way there is not uncommon. 

He remembered when he was being sent here a few years ago, and he ended up going a mission in Utah, involving taking a secret alien artifact that was taken by a millionaire, and that artifact was slowing opening a portal to that alien race's home planet. 

He remembered his Uncle Clint coming to get the artifact from him, and going to give it to SHIELD. 

"Hey, I thought I should tell you that Isaac is off the hook for his dad's murder, and will be at school today," John said as he entered the kitchen. 

"Okay, thanks for letting me know. So, are you sure my mom will come as well? She isn't exactly big on me even being an Agent of SHIELD," Stiles asked the olde agent. 

"Who knows? It might one of your uncles and aunts. Or it could be one your parents and one of your aunts or uncles, but I do know for sure they are sending the two soldiers," John said as he looked at the younger agent. 

"Obviously, they're perfect for this kind of mission," Stiles said as he exited the house and went outside and started his blood red Camaro. 

He knew it would be out of character for Stiles because Stiles is supposed to love the jeep because it holds a lot of sentimental value. 

He pulled up to Scott's house, but when he texted his best friend he was there, Scott told him he was already at the school, his mom had dropped him off. 

When he pulled in, a lot of people were staring at him, and when he got out of the car, he saw Jackson glaring at him. 

"Where did you get that?" Jackson asked, obviously not pleased. 

"It's a rental until my jeep is out of impound," Stiles explained to the jackass. 

Jackson just scoffed and walked off, like the child he is. 

"Is that your car?" He heard a voice from behind him and when he turned around, he saw Lydia, who Stiles was supposed to have a crush on, so he had to act awkward around her.

"Y-yeah, I'm renting it until my jeep is out of impound," He made sure to stumble over his words slightly and stare at her like she was the world. 

"Well, it's a nice car," Lydia said as she turned around and as she did, she flipped her hair and walked away. 

And that's the part of the mission that Stiles hated, acting like he was in love or liked someone when he was already in a relationship. 

When he ran into the class at last minute, he knew he had to inform Scott about Isaac, even if Stiles had known from the beginning that Isaac was innocent, Isaac still needed to be watched. 

"Dude, I just talked to my dad, who talked to Jackson, and I've got terrible horrible, very, very bad news," Stiles sputtered out as he flew into his seat behind Scott. 

"I think I already know," Scott stated as he gestured to the seat where Isaac was sitting. 

Stiles just deflated and sorta stared at Isaac. 

After the class was over, and they were walking out, Stiles started talking to Scott about the Kanima. 

"All right, I only found one thing online about the Kanima, it's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murders," Stiles told Scott what he actually found online, about the Kanima. 

"That thing wasn't a jaguar," Scott informed him. 

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer," Stiles said, remember the thing coming after him. 

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead," Scott said as he started to walk away. 

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this friendship," Stiles tried to make his voice sound offended as he said friendship. 

They were sitting in their next class when Jackson sat behind Scott. 

"What the hell is a Kanima?" Jackson questioned, and this made Stiles pause, how did he know about the Kanima? 

And then he and Scott both turned around shocked and looked at Jackson. But before they asked Jackson, they were interrupted by Coach FInstock. 

"... paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson asked and Stiles just felt like screaming yes. 

"I'm familiar with the sensation," He answered with instead, and he still kinda felt paralyzed sometimes. 

"Wait... Why would Derek test you? Why would he think it's you?" Scott asked as he looked at Jackson. 

"How should I know?" Jackson asked back, annoyed. 

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles asked as he tried his best to looked concerned. 

"I don't know all I heard was her name, and something about chemistry," Jackson said before they were interrupted by Coach Finstock.  

Lydia soon was writing something on the board that was definitely not the answer, and people thought it wasn't English, but Stiles knew it was written backward. 

So he took a picture and turned it around. 

It said 'Someone help me'. 

It creeped them out. 

In Chemistry,  Lydia didn't get paralyzed by the poison. 

And as Stiles looked out the window, he saw Derek watching Lydia. 

Then they came up with a plan with Allison, to protect Lydia. 

Stiles got Allison, Lydia, and Jackson loaded up into his Camaro and drove them to Scott's house, where they all agreed would be a good place to protect Lydia. 

While he was locking the door, Lydia looked at him like he was weird so he came up with an excuse on the spot. 

"There's, um, been a few break-ins around the neighborhood," He explained, and she just nodded, but he could tell she didn't believe him. 

He then grabbed a chair and hooked it under the doorknob. 

"And a murder," He said after he saw the look on Lydia's face. 

He saw Allison look away, and Jackson sighed. 

"Yeah, it was bad," Stiles said as he tried to make it believable. 

Allison nodded her head up, and Jackson got the signal. 

"Lydia, follow me, I need to talk to you for a minute," Jackson said as he looked at her. 

"Seriously? What is going on with everyone?" She asked as he sighed, and walked behind him.  

Later that night, when Derek's betas, Isaac and Erica broke into the house, Allison was able to subdue Erica, and Scott had arrived right on time to stop Isaac. 

But that wasn't the end of it. 

As they were staring each other down, they heard something on the roof and when they ran out in the yard, it was the Kanima on the roof, it hissed at them and for a few seconds, they stared at it. 

As it jumped off the roof, they watched as a man dressed in red and black ran after it, Derek, Boyd, Allison, and Scott didn't know who it was, but Stiles certainly did, it was Wade. 

They heard her footsteps before they saw her.

"Would someone please tell me what the holy hell is going on?" Lydia asked as she stepped out of the house and stared at them. 

It all fell into place for Stiles, it was Jackson. 

The Kanima was Jackson.