4

Stiles was starting to get tired of Scott and Allison using him to convey messages to each other, it was starting to make him uncomfortable. 

Especially all of the lovey-dovey shit they've been having him tell each other. 

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. I know, because I  love you. I love you more than- oh my god! I can't, you and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate!" Stiles said, uncomfortable and totally done. 

"Come on! You're the only one we trust! Now, is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott asked as he looked at him. 

"Yes! Okay? Message complete," Stiles said, as he sighed, "Alright, now tell me about your boss." 

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of records of all of the things they've hunted. Like a book." 

"Like a bestiary?" Stiles asked, knowing full and well that the Argents probably have one, knowing them. 

"What?" 

"A bestiary." 

"I think you mean bestiality." 

"Nope, pretty sure I don't. it's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." Stiles informed, very annoyed with how stupid Scott can be. 

"How am I  the only that doesn't seem to know anything about this stuff?" 

"Okay, you know, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine," Stiles said, but the truth is that Stiles has known about the creatures of the night for years. 

"Okay. If we can find, and it can tell us what this thing is- and who," Scott said as he looked forward, at the lockers. 

"We need that book," Both of them said as they got up, and started to walk to class. 

Later on, Stiles ended up going back and forth, between Allison and Scott to ask questions about the book, and how to get it. They determined it would probably be in his office, and Allison would get it. 

Before the game, he got a call, from Merc, but he declined, he can't risk that right now, while werewolves are around because he knows that he would call him by his real name. So he texted him, instead. 

'Can't pick up right now,' It was simple and he got an immediate reply. 

'Okay, just thought I would let you know that I have a mission in BH,' Stiles had to reread the message a few times before he texted Coulson. 

'Why in the world would you give HIM a mission where I am?!' Stiles texted Coulson. 

'He is only doing a little recon on Gerard Argent, it has nothing to do with the pack, I promise,' Coulson explained through the text and Stiles just sent back a thumbs up. 

The rest of the night a little bit of a blur, until he was in the pool area with Derek and Erica. He was explaining to Derek what he saw when they looked up above them and had wide eyes. 

"You look like you've seen it," Stiles commented, then Erica pointed up above him. When he turned and looked up, he saw it. 

And that was how he and Derek ended up in the pool, and Derek paralyzed. 

And then Derek made him drop him and let him sink,  so he could go get his phone, to call Scott, but Scott wouldn't pick up, so he threw his phone, and went to get Derek, who he knew would die if he didn't go and get him. 

After a few minutes, Stiles couldn't keep them up, and they started to go under when someone grabbed the back of their shirts and yanked them out. 

He watched the fight between Scott and the thing, and it wasn't until the thing looked at its reflection in the piece of glass did Stiles realize what it was. 

A Kanima. He had never seen one or had to fight one, but he did hear some rumors, from southern packs. It was a puppet to be controlled. It's dangerous. 

When they went outside, and we're discussing the creature, Derek confirmed Stiles's realization. 

"It's called the Kanima,"  Derek had said, and Stiles felt happy, he was right, of course, he was, this was his expertise, he knew a lot about the supernatural world, and he knew a lot about saving it. 

He needed to tell Coulson.