Chapter 9

Taehyung POV

Appa set me down on the couch downstairs, moving to retrieve the remote then sat down next to me. He turned on the tv flicking through till a monkey and a man with a yellow hat appeared on the screen. I was immediately immersed into the cartoon leaning closer to the edge on the couch. "Woah, your gonna fall off leaning like that" appa said chuckling softly pulling me back.

"I guess you like this show?" He asked. I just shrugged I didn't know what it was, this was the first time I was allowed to watch tv. We sat watching the show for a while only appa running his hands through my hair, which to be honest I really liked. Unfortunately when his phone rang it stopped, a whine slipped out of my mouth as he got up. He smiled at me as I blushed, I don't know why I just did that. "Stay here, I'll be right back" he said disappearing into the next room.

I looked off into the direction appa went off in, feeling really sad about being left alone. 'Something must be wrong with me' I thought as I'd been alone my whole life. I stared at the tv blankly as I wasn't paying it any attention, just waiting for appa to come back. It felt like forever and my body felt restless and uneasy, I couldn't help the whimpers and soft tears that came out.

It was seconds later appa busted into the room "Yeah, just make sure it's ready. No, I don't care how as long as it's done by the deadline." He said hanging up as he made his way to me. "Baby was wrong?" He said softly, lifting me to his chest. I couldn't really figure out what to say or how to tell him how bad I felt when he was gone. "Alone" I mumbled out into his shoulder. He was silent for a moment before a chuckle left his mouth.

"I was only gone for 5 minutes Tae. I was right in the other room, I didn't leave you." He said hugging me tightly to his chest. "I didn't mean to make you uneasy" he finished making me heat up in embarrassment. I was never like this before, I really just cried because he was in the next room. I pushed away softly wanting to be put down, it all felt like too much. None of this makes any sense if I stop and think about it, it can't be real.

"Nope, stop it. Your ok, it's normal to feel sad if your alone." Appa said as his grip tightened around me. "It's ok if you don't understand your feelings, I'll help you ok?" I nodded in response. Appa sat me down on the couch moving away quickly in the direction of the door. I whimpered softly as he turned away." Look" he said holding the lion from before, I named him Renoir (< if you get it I love you 😘). My eyes widened as I stared reaching for him, I almost wanted to cry how could I just leave him like that.

Appa handed him to me and I immediately engulfed him in a big hug, hoping he wasn't mad at me. I could here appa chuckling over me and sent him a small glare to which he only laughed harder. "Your so cute!" He said ruffling my hair. I could help but sigh in relief, I acted without thinking but he wasn't mad at all. "Hey I have a few papers I need to look at do you want to come in the study with me?" Appa asked. He was already lifting me as though knowing my answer, I wasn't the least bit offended as I just experienced what 5 minutes by myself felt like.

We passed through a long hall and two rooms before we reached a set of red double doors. Apps unlocked it calmly as I stared in suspense, it looked so out of place I wasn't sure what to expect.

Namjoon POV

Once I entered my study I sat Tae down on couch reaching for the tablet and headset I had on the table beside it. "Here you can watch this till I finish" I said handing him the tablet. I turned toward my desk starting to rummage through the papers I'd let pile up till now. I looked back to check on Tae only to see him staring back blankly. "What's wrong?" I ask. He looked down at the tablet then back to me shyly, "How do I...." he said lowering his head down in embarrassment. I quickly got up silently cursing under my breath,of coarse he doesn't know how to use it. judging by his reaction earlier he hadn't even watched tv before.

I slid next to him on the couch softly removing the tablet from his hands. "You click this then, choose what you want to watch. This is the show that you saw earlier. There are games on here too, they all have tutorials so it should be fine" I explained. He looked to me then nodded taking back the tablet. He seemed to be carefully picking through shows, so I placed the headset on his ears and went back to work.

I was so consumed in reading through most of the bs on the files I hadn't noticed two hours had passed. I should feed him again, I was honestly surprised he didn't try and get my attention. I turned to ask if he was hungry only to be met with an empty spot and abandoned tablet left in the couch. I went into full freak out mode "TAEHYUNG!"

😅 hahaha how long has it been...... you know school...work....dance.... life.............I'm sorry 🙇🏽‍♀️