Prologue

Taehyung was just an eight year old kid trying to live as best he could. Going day to day hoping each one ended faster than the last.

He was adopted as a baby by a couple who already had four children of their own. Surely you'd think with that many and they're wanting to adopt that they'd be great parents or at the very least decent people.

Well they weren't in fact they only adopted Taehyung for the check they'd receive from the state every week. And they didn't fail to remind him every day of his life that that was the only purpose he served. They treated him badly and let their kids run all over him.

If he'd ever try to fight back or defend himself the parents would punish him. Either beating him till they were satisfied or locking him in the basement for hours even days at a time. Everything he got was hand me downs that didn't fit and were tatted beyond belief.

He was only given enough food to keep him alive and the variety wasn't very good. The teachers at school pitied him and would often sneak him food at times. While the abuse didn't go unnoticed the adoptive father was the police chief and was good friends with the mayor, constantly doing things to keep up appearances, So people kept their mouths shut.

Majority of the public who weren't close enough to see the truth simply thought Taehyung was the problem child they got unlucky with. Though Taehyung was actually incredibly intelligent, he always got good grades when he was able to go to school. He's had to take care of himself since he was two and they gave up on the 'we're great parents act'.

He never new what it was like to receive the unconditional love of family, it never felt like one at all. He always tried to do things that would please them but they would go unnoticed. Any achievement was dumbed down, doing better than the others was wrong and hateful but being the worst was him being ungrateful.

He couldn't win no matter what and he knew he'd never truly be happy. So everyday he woke up only to remember the times right before he'd fall asleep. The rest of the day being a blur, he lazed through life with no one to care for him. Although he doesn't think it's right it's the only way he's ever known and he doesn't want to lose it.What will he do when he's abruptly taken out of his home and forced to live with a stranger?

Hey guys so this is my new story super excited for it. Btw I'm aware that the adoption thing doesn't work like that it just goes with my story and I wanted him to have been with them the whole time. I already wrote the first chapter so I'll go ahead and post it. This book will have slow updates till I finish one of the other books I'm working on. I know I. Could've just waited but I was too excited for it. Hope you enjoy~💕