Chapter 4

As long as yesterday was, I am so excited for tonight! Demi is performing at the Hollywood Bowl. From my memories, the only time I saw her was at the Kiss FM concert in 2013 and only for five songs. This concert is a lot like the other but this time she has two new albums out and has a fourteen song set.

Other than the album she released last summer, she's singing Heart Attack, Really Don't Care, Two Pieces, Nightingale, Warrior, Catch Me/Don't Forget, Neon Lights, Skyscraper, and Give Your Heart a Break. Did you know on her World Tour she covered Michael Jackson's Thriller with the dance break and all... What? I was so confused.

Apparently I'm invited to out to go out and sing Two Pieces. We've been working it out all day, what?She's supposed to sing the first verse then announce me. I'll shoot up on the dramatic beat and do the chorus. I'll sing the second verse and she'll sing most of the second chorus. We'll split and harmonize the verse, and share the last chorus. Woohoo!

This is Nick's last show for a while too. His album that got released last year was a HUGE success! So Demi's going to go onstage with him to sing Here We Go Again, which he re-recorded and put it on his album as a bonus track and also their other song. I'm really happy that his career ended up taking off in an individual way. I never knew he was less of a rocker for music. It makes sense for his voice though. He never really had a hardcore sound, making the blues better for him.

The only way a theatrical rooted voice can sound good in rock n' roll is by doing glam rock. He doesn't have the fierceness so the new record sounded a lot better.Right now we're all sitting down at the table for breakfast when Demi's phone goes off.

I say, "Who's calling you this early?"

Everyone kind of just looked at me weird, "What? It's only ten o'clock."

Demi responds, "Phil, I wonder what he wants?"

Her mom gestures for her to answer, so she goes into the other room.We all continue making small talk. Dianna and Eddie took my grandmother to some museums yesterday to keep her busy. A few minutes later Demi comes back all smiley.

Maddie quickly asks, "What did he want?"

She tries to calm herself and says, "He called about a new performance opportunity. Apparently it will be my biggest show yet."

Wilmer asks, "What is it hermosa?"

She shrieks and says, "Superbowl 50."

We all get wide-eyed. I'm the first to say, "Whoa! You so gotta do it dude. Congrats!"

Everyone looks so concerned. Wilmer says, "You're pregnant."

Demi shrugs, "I know."

I say, "You're due in January. When is the exact date they gave you?"

"January 25th."

I shrug, "That's not too bad. What's the exact date for the Superbowl?"

"February 7th."

Nick steps in and says, "Well it is what it is. And most importantly it's none of our business right now, so Wilmer and Demi you can talk about it some other time. For now, we need to start getting ready."

Eddie nods, "I agree with you son. Now what's the schedule?"

Dianna says, "Well, sound check is at three, red carpet starts at 6:30, and at 7:30 the first performer is going on."

I quickly ask, "Who is performing again?"

"Beatrice, Demi, Fifth Harmony, Christina, and Nick."

I ask, "In that order?"

She shakes her head, "Beatrice first, Fifth Harmony, Christina, Demi, Nick."