Chapter 1

Bright. Too bright.

She squinted as she tried to use her arm to cover that light that seemed to be blinding her eyes. It hurts. So much. Her eyes. Her body.

Then she felt the stabbing pain, so excruciating that she wanted to cry for someone to help take it away from her.

And in an instant, she felt numb. She couldn't move, couldn't speak. She closed her eyes as that blinding light seemed to go through her solid arm and then she realized.

She couldn't breathe.

She opened her mouth to suck on air but she felt the oxygen was cut off. She tried to open her eyes but couldn't. She gasped for air desperately until she could feel her chest getting tighter and tighter.

She heard her sharp indrawn breath even before she felt air finally filling her lungs and her eyes snapped open as she sat up. She put a hand on her chest as she breathed in deep gasps. Oh god, I could've died from a nightmare. She patted her chest with every gulp of air she can manage, trying to breathe as much air as possible and tried to look for someone to ask for water.

Her eyes roamed around, confusion fuzzing her brain until her movements slowed down to a froze. What... where am i? She turned her head around at the brightly lit room where all sliding windows are open, walls painted white but with some weird drawings on it.

She blinked then looked down to see that she was sitting on a hardwood flooring.

Inside a completely unfamiliar room.

She lifted her head to survey the sorrounding again, feeling so blank, trying to figure out what is she supposed to be doing. She was inside a small room with just a single long sofa, a table, a small chair, and just on the right side with an open sliding door is what she believe would be the dining room with only two stools and a rectangular table that would probably fit at least three or four plates but nothing more than that. The room was devoid of any picture frames or any decorations on the white walls. Apart from that weird patterns.

She would've thought no one lived there except that the place is so immaculately clean. The floor is shining, there weren't even any unwashed dishes on the sink. Everything is in place. I feel so detached. She shook her head before her brows furrowed as she can finally feel her senses coming back. Okay, she does not recognize this place. Where is this place? The place is too quiet. Except for the rev of an engine outside, she would think she's in the middle of nowhere.

And then she heard a sound. She turned her head to see a door opening.

And out came a man she had never seen before in her entire life.

She gasped and quickly scrambled to her feet as the man brushed his damp hair back from his face and opened another door which she can see as the bathroom. He was of a skinny build, not too tall—probably around 170 or so meters—had clear skin with a youthful appearance. Then he came out after a second looking frustrated.

"Who are you?" She demanded. She made sure to remember his features in case she needed to describe him. He's wearing a blue striped t-shirt, ripped black jeans, hair dyed in dark brown in medium length, he had small eyes, nose not too prominent, looking just right... well... he looks pretty cute, to be honest.

But the guy ignored her as he passed by to go on his knees to look under a table, obviously looking for something. "Dammit," she heard him mutter audibly.

"Where am i?" she demanded again a little louder.

The guy went back to his feet and went to the kitchen this time looking at the sink, seemingly getting frustrated by the second.