Chapter 3

"Yes, dad, I think I can come home in time for your birthday. I promise." She giggled over the joke that his father made as she waited for the car to take her to the airport. "I think Jaebum's going to be thrilled to hear the good news." She had just closed a record deal with Universal Records for one of their artists and knew this has been Jaebum's goal since he had debuted the group in Korea. She couldn't wait to see him so she could tell him the good news. "No, don't call him." She stopped her dad when he said he will call Jaebum. "I want to be the one to tell him." Then she rolled her eyes but the smile on her face stayed. "Jaebum's my bestfriend, dad. There is nothing going on between us." Though of course her best friend didn't know that she had been inlove with him since they were in high school. She saw the car coming to a stop in front of her. "I gotta go, dad. See you!" She gave a loud kissing sound before ending the call. The valet opened the door and she nodded her thanks as she slid inside.

The ride to the airport was supposed to be for only 30 minutes from the hotel she was staying at but when she looked up from her phone, her brows furrowed when she caught sight of dry lands and barren trees.

"Sorry Miss, I got lost," the driver apologized when he saw her looking through the windows with a frown.

She tried not to feel too annoyed. She had a plane to catch, a schedule to fulfill but she needs to be a little patient since he is a new driver that his father had hired for her. She hasn't got her license yet so she really couldn't drive on her own. "That's alright. Do you need a GPS? I think we're already driving out of town."

But before he could answer, a speeding car suddenly appeared beside them and she watched in confusion as the window from the passenger seat rolled down. Horror struck her as she watched a man in black sunglasses with a black cap pull out a gun. She was almost thrown back to her seat when her quick-witted driver stepped on the gas and they sped off.

"What is happening?!" She yelled gripping the back of the front seat in panic.

But her driver didn't answer as he swerve to avoid the car tailing them, speeding down on the empty road. She ducked down with a cry the instant she heard a shot then a loud bang. Her driver let out an expletive as he tried to regain control of the wheel knowing they shot the back tire.

"Oh my god," she cried as she felt the car almost flying off the ground. She heard screeches of tires, then another shot as her driver tried to get away. The panic seizing her is so indescribable that she felt paralyzed even when she was being thrown sideways, right and left, as the car took even more speed. She had never imagined in her entire life that there will come a time that this will happen to her. What is their purpose? Are they going to try to kidnap her? Did they follow her here to abduct her?

She was again thrown to the side when her driver made a sharp right turn and she was gasping as she tried to sit up and tried to look for her phone to call her dad but she froze when she saw the black car speeding next to theirs.

And the man aiming the gun at them.

She ducked down again as she heard the shot fired and the back window exploded. Another shot and it hit another tire. She didn't realize she was already screaming as the car spiraled out of control, the dust flying, tires screeching as her driver still tried to control the wheel until it skidded down on a steep hill, going fast. She was still screaming and before she even realized it, the car smashed on a truncated tree and she was flown forward, her head hitting the cracked windshield.

Her knees gave out as her eyes stared at the horror of a car accident happening right in front of her but her vision is seeing another crash. A lot of people already ran over to the car trying to help the driver and its passengers out but she was held immobilized.