Chapter 4 - The Great Hero Himself

* Hey HEy HEY ma dudes! Yeah yeah, I know it's late, but you can never time inspiration - smirk - HA! Aaanyway, the picture here is Percy, at least, it's my take on Percy... I hope you enjoy!
Oh oh oh! And I almost forgot! This chapter is dedicated to SatanPotter  for being so hyped up about the story coz, to be honest, that's really what got me started on this chapter. Also I'm so sorry for this really shitty chapter. Sleep calls. The next chapter... Tomorrow.... Will be better and more eventful.
Until next time!*

Of course I ran! What did you think I was going to do? Were you hoping I'd stand up to the Oracle while she dealt me a deadly prophecy? Watching my peace wither away to nothingness? Nuh-uh. I'm not another hero. Not even close. Not another demigod who saves the world from destruction. No. I was just a terrified little girl.

_._🔱_._

This time, I ran straight into cabin 3. At least I'd be alone. I needed to be alone right now. Even if that meant excessive thinking.

No no no! I thought to myself, I cannot be the child of the prophecy!

I just wanted to go back home. And right now, home was anywhere but here. Home was with my step parents. Even if the guys weren't related to me by blood, they had raised me. They were definitely family.

Almost everyone here didn't want anything to do with me, which is why I was extremely grateful for Nico and Leo.
As much as I hated to admit it, it was kind of… nice. They were my family now.
And with that happy thought, I drifted off to sleep in one of the bunks, top bunk of course, fascinated by the sculptures of hippocampi floating above me.

_._🔱_._

I may have gone to sleep in the cabin alone, but I sure as hell didn't wake up alone. I woke up to the smell of the ocean, but that's not what surprised me, considering this was the Poseidon cabin and all. There was another, more pungent scent. Was that… aftershave?
My features contorted into a scowl, mirroring my thoughts. I most definitely didn't use aftershave.

Cautiously, I lifted my head off of the pillow and scanned the room. I noticed a blue denim backpack near the door, along with a pair of black Nike sneakers. Huh.
I was thinking about the time the crew of the Argo II captured the goddess of Victory when I heard it. Soft, barely-audible snoring. Hard evidence of another person in the room.

I quietly made my way down to the floor and looked for the mystery men.
I knew of only two people who might be here.

When I found the snorer on the bunk below mine, I noticed the black hair sticking out from under the covers. I also noticed that he wasn't eight feet tall, which could only mean one thing.
I thought about waiting for him to wake up, but that would have been a bit too boring now, wouldn't it?
But I most certainly was not gonna stand anywhere near him when I woke him up, for the fear of possibly getting decapitated. Instead, I walked a good four metres away and made a snarky comment as loud as I could. Perfect way to start the morning. “Ah, I finally meet the great Seaweed Brain. Is Annabeth here too?”

I had never seen somebody jump out of bed and draw a sword that fast. I have to admit, I was mildly terrified. Aw, who am I kidding? Mildly? I was shaking.
I slowly held my hands up and walked towards him.

“Who are you?” He demanded, his eyes piercing into my head, “Are you a monster? How did you get past the camp's borders?”

He was downright scary, but I also saw a hint of something else in his eyes. Revenge and fear.
And then it hit me. This boy had been through Tartarus and back. He probably still had nightmares. He couldn't afford to lose anymore friends to monsters, or anything else. A pang of guilt hit me straight in the heart.

I slowly shook my head. “I'm not a monster, I swear. I am genuinely sorry for startling you. I would never hurt any of the people close to you”

I held my hand out and, after a moment's hesitation, he shook it.

“Nice to meet you, Percy Jackson. I'm Lea, the daughter of Poseidon. Your sister.”

* I'm sorry that was so short, and so so so bad, but I'm sleeepyyyy! I promise I'll update tomorrow! Honestly! *