Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

I wanted to tell Mir, but I didn't want to put her in that position where she couldn't tell Kate or Ivelyn. Then, if they knew it would only be Erik who didn't. For some reason, that didn't seem fair. 

When we pull into the parking lot, we hear the bell ring. I feel Addie glaring at me, but again she doesn't say anything. I park the car and trudge to class. Addie attempts at waiting for me but heads to class ahead of me. It's not like we have first period together anyways. 

I wait another ten minutes, then head inside. I duck inside, not making eye contact with anyone, especially Daniel or Gellar. I don't want to see Daniel's puppy dog eyes, searching for an answer and I can't handle Gellar's disappointed stare. 

My seat looks all too comforting, so I sit as fast as I can. I pull my notebook out and start taking detailed notes. I already had done this weeks homework, but I wanted to appear studious. It worked for most of the class, except when Gellar asked us to break into pairs. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Daniel stand up moving towards me.

"Do you want to be my partner," I stammer to the guy sitting next to me. He's quiet and has thick-rimmed glasses on. I don't think he expected me to ask him. I hate how manic my voice sounds. 

"Uh, okay?" He seems sweet enough. I twist in my seat, facing him and we start working on the worksheet together. I can't see Daniel from this angle, but I know I hurt him. 

Part of me knows I shouldn't care, but the other half of me shuts that half up.

I do care -- that's the problem. 

The rest of the class was pretty boring. At the end, I stood up and turned in the worksheet, still not meeting Gellar's eyes. I couldn't face him. The second the bell rang I packed up my things and booked it out. I heard Daniel call my name, which stopped me in my tracks. I was blocking the exit and people pushed past me. 

I saw Erik, who waved. Next to him was Addie. Coming around the corner was Ivelyn, Kate, and Mir all laughing. I took a deep breath in and entered the hallway. I needed to keep moving forward. 

"Cornelia," Daniel called again. He was on my heels, but I continued walking towards my Coven. It was the right decision, right? Daniel wasn't good for me. I had seen that first hand in my vision of my future. There had to be a reason why I saw that.

I stopped in front of Erik and Addie who looked confused. By this time, Ivelyn, Kate, and Mir were closing in. 

"Corn--

Addie was cut off by a collision like sound. Erik quickly pulled me out of the way. I turned around and saw Giu talking with Troy. It all happened so fast. Ivelyn rushed Giu and grabbed her arm, snatching it away from Troy. I'm pretty sure she burned Giu because she recoiled with a yelp.

Then Giu threw Ivelyn back. One second Ivelyn was on one side of the hallway, the next she was being thrown against the lockers. She faltered next to us. I was slow to react, but Addie knelt down, trying to help her. It was no use, Ivelyn was going to explode on Giu. 

Ivelyn didn't get a chance to strike back, Kate waved her hands, throwing Giu against the lockers. The hallway had now created a circle like an arena for them to battle it out. Erik was still holding me back. I watched as Daniel tried to grab Giu and Mir tried to grab Kate. It didn't matter, Giu and Ivelyn had started a full-blown fight.

"What is wrong with you?" This came from Giu, still clutching her arm, which was now scarlet red.

Ivelyn smirked, satisfied that she had hurt her. 

"I should ask you that, you freaking blood--

"Ivelyn!" I yelled, hoping no one heard them. Ivelyn was always worried about exposure and here she was fighting in a crowded hallway. I hope no one saw Kate use her telekinesis against Giu. Then again, they were so close it looked like she pushed her.