Chapter 27

3rd person POV

it has been a while since Y/n's outburst, all the pain from her making Inuyasha sit so much finally faded. Miroku decided to scam another village but it turns out that their services were actually needed here after all. Currently their all resting up for the demon that old attacks at nightfall which isn't far

Y/n's POV

I sat on the outskirts of the village staring into the lake that was near the village, I stuck a finger in the cool water and watched the ripples go outward. I sighed deeply and hugged my knees to my chest, "I..I feel bad for what I did to Inuyasha..What if he's mad at me..and wants to leave me..." Tears started forming in my eyes then I was startled by the sound of shippo screaming and Inuyasha yelling, "Inuyasha: Shippo! Im gonna kill you!", "Shippo: Y/n! Save me!". I stood up and turn around seeing shippo jumping at me, "SHIPPO WAIT!!!!" he smacks harshly against me and I stumble and fall back into the lake with him. I close my eyes and hold shippo tightly as I finally stopped floating down, I opened my eyes and look up and see the surface. I feel my breath running out as I start swimming upward as fast as I could, It seemed like an eternity as I felt shippo swim up out of my grip. "Shippo wait!" I kept trying to swim but it seemed like I was being held back, it took all my strength but I finally pushed my way up and out of the water. I crawled onto the grass and coughed up water, I started gasping for air. "Inuyasha: Y/n! are you ok!". I look up at him, "Why..didn't you try to help me....were you gonna let me...drown..with shippo..". Then I hear footsteps and see everyone including Inuyasha behind Inuyasha? "W-what's going on!!", "Kagome: that Inuyasha is a fake! he's trying to kill us all!". I slowly stood up then Inuyasha put a hand around my neck and lifted me Into the air, "F.Inuyasha: What's the matter y/n? why won't you hit me? is it because I look like your beloved inuyasha? Would you really let me kill you because I look like him". I struggle to breath, "I..inuyasha.."

Inuyasha's POV

I watch as that fake me picks up y/n and chokes her, "Put her down dammit!" I pull out my tetsiga and prepare to use my windscar. He then looks at me and smirks, I see as Y/n starts gasping even more for air. "False Inuyasha: If you come any closer..Y/n will be killed by her beloved Inuyasha! The truth is I was never after this village or you all! I was after Y/n!", I growl and see y/n looking at me. tears streaming down her cheeks as she cries even more, she then starts slowly moving her hands until they lock around the imposters neck, I see as she physically starts choking him. The pain and suffering she was going through was illuminating off of her, I wanted to do something but I couldn't. "Why are you doing this to her!?". The Imposter laughs and tightens his grip even more, "False Inuyasha: revenge! You slaughtered my comrades with that deadly sword! so I made this whole plan up! I lured you all here and did my research to see who was the easiest to Target! I was warned about the priestess and that she was not an easy target and the mortals aren't worth my time! but I learned that this girl was your lover and it would cause you great pain to see her suffer!" I started to get anxious seeing her in such pain. "Hang in there y/n!"

Y/n's POV

I feel the fake Inuyasha's grip on me loosen as mine becomes tighter, he looks at me in the eyes and speaks in Inuyasha's voice. "False Inuyasha: Y/n..please don't kill me...I love you..". I felt my heart start to shatter, "you don't love me...I-Inuyasha would never hurt me! y..you toy with my emotions and try and kill me in front of the people I love..I..I can't...let..you..STAY ALIVE!". I take in the most air I could muster as I  wriggle free from his grip and draw my sword, I pant heavily and stab the imposter. I heard him start to cough and struggling to take in breath , I started crying more as I pulled out the sword and he fell to the ground fading away, I stare at that spot as the well known sadness I was keeping inside pours out.  I drop my sword onto the grass and look up at the night sky, "I didn't even notice it was nightfall...".  Kagome runs to me and hugs me, "Kagome: Y/n! Im so sorry..", I start bawling.  "I..it was shattering...having to kill someone that looked like the person I love most in this world! I wanna bring him back! He..He wasn't even Him!!"

Sango's POV

I couldn't even imagine going through what she just went through, that would break me. "I-Inuyasha..I think you need to talk to her..do something...she's extremely fragile right now and she needs you..", Inuyasha nods and walks over to y/n. I watch in complete pity and sadness as she grovels on her knees in the grasp of kagome.

Y/n's POV

I slip out of kagome's grip and stand up, I start to walk off into the distance back into the village but then my wrist was grabbed and I was pulled back into a warm body. I twitch slightly as long silver strands of hair grazed across my s/c skin, "Inuyasha...". I felt him arms snake around my waist and pull me even closer to the point to where I could feel his moderate heartbeat against my back, "Inuyasha:..Y/n, I can't even imagine what that would've been like for me..I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I'm just..glad that I didn't loose you...watching that thing do those horrible acts to you and it had the face of me..was heartbreaking by it's self..". I felt his heart rate speed up as he walked toward the village with me not speaking another word, I followed him blindly as I felt everyone else's faze upon us. I felt a cooling sensation come across my body as the wind blew softly, just being with him was enough to calm me down..but I will never forget the trauma of having to kill someone that looks like the love of your life..