Ch 17 The Engagement Party Part 1

Ch 17

Annabel's POV

Tonight, is the night of the engagement party and I don't know why but I am super nervous and excited at the same time. I know our engagement is going to be packed and hopefully my engagement to Sammy is believable and everyone even Veronica enjoys themselves. My sister helped me picked out my outfit and I feel beautiful. My sister is a defense attorney and belongs to the Columbia law firm in Washington DC which has a great reputation. Many clients of the firm specifically ask for my sister because she has a high acquittal rate. Thus, she is usually busy, so I was happy that she took time off to attend my engagement party even though she knows its fake.

Sammy was waiting for me downstairs while I was getting dressed. I wore a beautiful dark teal dress that had a slit in the front. I of course wore my engagement ring and I wore this simple beautiful heart necklace that Sammy bought me when we were dating to complete my look. I looked flawless. I heard Sammy talking on his phone while I was walking downstairs but as I reached closer to the bottom, I guessed he heard my footsteps because he turned around to look at me. When he saw me, he stopped talking and just looked me up and down very slowly.

I changed Annabel's appearance from book 1. This is Annabel and what she is wearing at the engagement party.

This is the engagement ring that Sammy had specially made for Annabel because her favorite color is pink

When I saw him, I thought to myself; How is it even possible that a man can look this good just wearing a business casual outfit? He looked like he just stepped out of a GQ magazine

When I saw him, I thought to myself; How is it even possible that a man can look this good just wearing a business casual outfit? He looked like he just stepped out of a GQ magazine. He wore a white Long-Sleeved Dress Shirt with a blue Dress Pants with a brown belt and I noticed that he was wearing the watch that I bought him for our Anniversary. 

I changed Sammy's appearance from book 1. This is him and what he is wearing at the engagement party.

 This is him and what he is wearing at the engagement party

"Bellissima, God you look so gorgeous." Sammy said

I felt my cheek warm up and I couldn't help but smile at that comment 

"Thank you. You look very handsome." I replied

He looked me over once again until I guess he realized he was still on the phone.He talked in some foreign language before hanging up

Sammy POV

"对不起,周先生我心烦意乱,但是下周一我们可以在下午3点而不是上午11点开会。 我知道你是一个非常忙碌的人,我期待着我们的会面。再见"( Sorry, Mr. Chow I was distracted but yes next Monday we can have the meeting at 3pm instead of 11am. I understand you are a very busy man and I look forward to our meeting. Bye) I said in Chinese.

Gosh Annabel looks gorgeous. Damn she distracted me so much I forgot I was on a business call. I am trying to expand Mussolini's moving company internationally, so I am starting in China. The CEO of One of the companies in China that I am trying to make a deal with is coming to our headquarters next Monday to determine if he wants to do business with us. I think he will because from experience, people rarely travel far to say no.

As I was looking Annabel up and down, my thoughts were not pure at all. Then I notice she wasn't just wearing any regular necklace. She wore the necklace I bought for her when we were dating. She thought it was beautiful. However, after our breakup she tried to give me all the stuff I bought or gave to her, but I refused to take any of it because It was meant for her even my sweaters that she "stole" from my closet. She looked better in my sweaters than I ever did anyway. With her trying to give me all this stuff back and me refusing to take it, I figured she threw all of it away since she wanted nothing to do with me. Thus, it shocks but makes me really happy that she kept all the stuff I bought or gave to her.

*Don't forget to comment*