Ch 5. Anything

Ch. 5

Annabel POV

Now I'm sitting on the bed with Sammy and I just told him that I saw the tape of him killing that chef (if you don't remember it's in book 1) and his face went pale

"I'm sorry you had to see the tape "he says

"Is that all you have to say. You are not sorry that you killed an innocent man and now his wife is a widow. What if he had a kid? Then his child will be fatherless"

"He is not innocent. He is a thief. He owed me money and he didn't pay me. He knew the consequences. If you want me to say sorry for all the crimes I did then you will be a very disappointed woman. I am not sorry. This is my job and I take my job very seriously."

"How come all these shop owners owe you money." I ask curiously

"They have to pay us weekly so we can protect them from criminals who might demolish the shop or hurt their family"

I start to crack up laughing. Is he seriously kidding me?

"When you say protect them from criminals" I say protect with air quotes "You actually mean that you and the other Mafia members are these criminals."

"You can think whatever you want"

"You are saying that because you know I am right"

"Okay. You are right. So what? This is a part of the job."

"So what? You act like you loaned them money but they never gave it back. You call them thieves because apparently that money belongs to you but that's a load of bullcrap.You guys are the thieves because that's money that they actually work hard for but you guys are just taking money away from them without doing any actual services for them."

Sammy POV

Wow. We are just yelling back and forth but I guess it's better than her not talking to me

"Annabel, you were right you do deserve to know the truth so ask me any question and I will tell you the truth.

Annabel POV

"Are you serious? You are not bullshitting me right? Any question? 100% the truth?" I say. I have so many questions but this seems so good to be real

"Only on one condition" of course it can't be easy

"When I tell you something that you don't approve of or like you can't just run out of the room and stop talking to me. You listen to all of what I have to say. If you know you can't handle it. Tell me now because the truth is not pretty.

I don't mind hearing the brutal truth. I finally get to have answers and I'm not blowing this chance away

"I can handle it" I say

"Ok, ask away"

"What age did you first kill someone"

"17"

My eyes widen

"17? You were a kid"

"I think I was a little pass the kid stage. It wasn't like I was 9 years old."

"When did you realize this is what you wanted to do for living?"

"Even as a little boy I wanted to be just like my dad so I guess all my life."

"How did you get those scars on your back?"

"You sure you want to know. It's a long story" he asks

"Yes. You said anything"

"Okay"