Chapter 7

You cannot imagine how awful the last two weeks have been. After the Sam kiss, Kian has totally refrained from talking to me. Acacia has shockingly invited me to her baby shower, that sadly, I must attend. Its scheduled for Friday after school, which means I have 4 days to prepare to see Kian. Sam and I have been hanging out a lot more than we used to. In fact, I've been helping him with some of his vlogging challenges.

I hate to admit it but everytime I see Sam, I do feel butterflies. Even if we are just friends.

I looked at my outfit in my full body mirror. Black skinnies with my favorite The Wanted tee. (A/N- i'm a fan of the wanted & one direction, judge me asfdgkj ok bye)) I slipped on some light blue vans and ran downstairs.

"I'm going for a little walk, I'll call you when I'm on my way back." I called at my dad and Hank, who were sitting on the couch snuggling. Surprisingly, when I had arrived home the day of Acacia's announcement, I was greeted warmly. Hank decided to only grounded me for a week because my dad and him felt extremely awful about making me cry so much in my birthday week.

"Alright, please be careful." They said in unison, not even looking up at me. I assumed they were watching The Notebook, considering that's their usual Tuesday night movie.

I grabbed my dark blue shoulder bag and walked out. I decided I would visit Cody, since I hadn't seen much of him this week.

I exited my neighboorhood and crossed the road over to Cody's. It's such a small world.

As I started down his street, a huge thought hit me like a brick.

Today is his 20th birthday.

"Holy shit.." I muttered as I started jogging towards his house. It was early, so I was hoping I could sneak in and make him breakfast or something.

I walked up to his door and grabbed the key from the top of the door frame. He sucks at hiding things.

I unlocked the door and strolled inside. Everything was quiet so I figured he must still be asleep. I walked into the kitchen, and placed my bag on the table.

"Time to make some magic!" I said to myself as I pulled the eggs out of the fridge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cody! Wake up!" I pushed him off is bed and ran downstairs, hoping I could still surprise him.

"Who..what..holy shit what did I land on!" I heard him yell. I poured his orange juice faster than you can say SURPRISE BREAKFAST and added a flower to his empty vase on the kitchen table.

I looked at my magnificent creation- scrambled eggs, toast, 3 pancakes, orange juice, and some apple slices to the side.

Am I the best friend ever or what.

"Allison...how'd you..." He stopped in his tracks when he saw all the breakfast. He started smiling like crazy and looked back at me. The next thing I knew he was hurdling towards me with open arms.

"CODY, DOWN, NO, BAD DOG!" I yelled, as he tackled me to floor, giving me a huge hug. He was luaghing like crazy and finally got up.

He held out his hand and pulled me up. "Thanks Allison. This is great." He pulled me in for a more sweet and simple hug. I squeezed him back and finally let go so he could eat.

"Any party ideas?" I dreaded asking that because I knew if he was having a party, Kian would be there. Appearently they've gotten super close.

"Yep, going to the beach tonight with Kian. Sam might be there. You wanna come?" He mumbled, pnacake pieces flying across the table.