Chapter 16: Resolution (part 2)

----------

Nanlulumong bumaba kami mula kay Miyu pagbalik namin sa Cruz residence. The atmosphere around us was a mixture of shock, sadness, and anger. I can't wait to catch those culprits.

As soon as we entered, Detective Sanchez lifted his arms and welcomed us with a cheeky smirk. "Oh, looks like our little 'detectives' are back! I almost thought you ran away with your tails between your legs!" He taunted. The police officers beside him snickered with him, nagsimula na  silang  magbulung-bulungan at tuksuhin din kami. Me and my companions bowed our heads in annoyance.

Kanina ko lang siya nakilala, pero gusto ko na talaga siyang sapakin.

"So? Have you come to admit defeat? You couldn't solve the case, right?" Nangungutyang tanong niya samin. He then proceeded to wave his index finger and began lecturing us. "Wag kasing nagmamagaleng, mga totoy at neneng. Leave it to the adults. Wag kayong mag-alala, kayo ang una naming kokontakin kapag nalaman na namin kung sino---"

Malapit nang sugurin ni Sakura si Detective Dylan, but Yuki cut the old man off before Sakura could move. "And who told you we didn't solve the case?"

His lips parted in shock, but he later regained his composure. "Don't lie to me. My personnel are still working on the case as we speak. There's no way you can solve a murder case in just one hour! Especially with your lack of experience!" He exclaimed and pointed at us accusingly.

"Oh, but we did." Yuki smirked devilishly, para bang kanina  pa niya hinihintay na sabihin iyon sa kaniya. Sinenyasan niya kaming kumilos na. 

"So, there are three major clues within this murder; the victim's clothes, the recording, and our location when the seance started..." I started. Then we all proceeded to explain our findings... excluding the fact that we stole some of their data.

After we discussed the clues, Sakura snatched the small whiteboard Detective Dylan stole from me a while ago. "And so, knowing that the suspects used their mouths, are positioned opposite to each other, and didn't speak in the recordings, the suspects are narrowed down to two people..." Sakura turned to them. 

She pointed at the two of them. "Ricardo Cruz and Relmont Cruz, you are under arrest!"

Their expressions didn't change, though it doesn't seem like they're about to deny their crimes. It turns out they killed her to stop her from revealing where the last will and testament is, and so that they could find the so-called treasure by themselves. It's annoying to see that there was no regret in their eyes, it was almost like they were pleased with what they did.

Without hesitation, Relmont Cruz spoke up immediately. "From what you said, this Luzviminda woman was a fake, right? Hindi ba tama lang ang ginawa namin para wala na silang mabiktima pa?"

"He's right. What if she gave us wrong information to take the money for herself?" Dugtong ng kapatid niya. "We just gave her what a conniving woman like her deserves. I don't see what's wrong with killing---"

Hindi ko na siya pinatapos. I ran towards them at full speed, my anger was fueling me. I elbowed Ricardo hard on his solar plexus, and using my free hand, I punched Relmont on the gut. But before I could deal any more damage, Hiroki pulled me away. I struggled and kicked, but he was stronger than me. 

"Do you not realize what you've done!?" I hissed angrily at them. Pero sumuko na ko sa pagtakas mula kay Hiroki, kaya hindi nalang ako gumalaw.