19.

The morning bell rings, waking me from my slumber. The events of last night are still very present in my mind, but the possible events of the next few days are overshadowing the others. We may have all been holding hands last night, but once the canon sounds, who knows what is going to happen. There's no guarantee that the tributes will hold up the alliance. 

Finnick's eyes flicker open, obviously awoken by the same sound as I. He looks at me for a while, taking in every detail of my face as I do the same. We sit like that for some time, dreading what is to come. This may be the last time we ever see each other.

A knock comes on the door, I assume it's Mags. I stand up, sadly letting go of Finnick's hand. I open the door and my suspicions are correct, Mags stands there with a sad look in her eye.

I exit our shared room and enter my own. We've been instructed to put on simple clothes and enter the jet, they are doing things differently this year. We shower and put on our arena clothes with our stylists, it makes things easier.

As I look at myself in the mirror I spot my ring. I bring my hand up to my face and examine it, this will my reminder of Finnick while I am in the arena. All tributes are allowed one keepsake from home. This will be mine,

I walk out of my room to see Finnick there, waiting to say goodbye. I slowly approach him, giving him a knowing look. He embraces me, both of us tightening our grip, afraid to let go. "I love you more than the world itself, Finnick," I whisper, head against his shoulder. He sighs, knowing what lies ahead.

"I'll love you forever and always Rose. I'm sorry we couldn't be married sooner. I'll see you in the arena, I promise." We kiss. It's passionate, showcasing our love. Finally, Mags pulls us apart and tells me to go first in the elevator, Finnick next.

I slowly let go of him, dreading the next few moments. I turn and walk toward the elevator, trying to prolong the inevitable.

Once I step inside the elevator I turn around, getting one last glimpse at Finnick before the door closes. Once it does I look down, letting the peacekeeper I hadn't even noticed press the button for the roof.

Once we reach our destination I step out, the peacekeeper behind me. I walk into the jet without prompt, knowing it's my only option. They've thought of all possible ways to escape.

I step onto the jet which has one seat. All for me. A staff member puts the tracker into my arm like last time, then I'm left alone.

The flight feels like it's taken hours, but that's the way they intended, designed so that we have no idea where we are.

I'm shuffled to the basement and to my individual room quickly. Thrown inside, the door closing behind me. When I look up I see Po. I instantly run and give him a hug, knowing this may be the last time I see him, even if I do get out of the arena.

"Hey beautiful, you ready for this?" He asks while walking over to the couch to relax.

"Hardly. I can't believe they did this." I say while plopping down on the couch next to him, grabbing a sandwich and digging in, I didn't get breakfast. Po fills me in.

"You get an hour in here before you are sent in. So after this, you'll shower and get dressed. I'll do your hair." I smile at him, thankful for the kindness he's shown me every step of the way. After I've filled up on "breakfast" I take a shower, the curtain covering me from his view.