Afterward, he styles my hair into two long braids down the side of my head. He hands me the suit and I get changed into it. It's a durable material, almost like a wetsuit.

When I walk out Po confirms my thoughts. "The suit is light, feels like a wetsuit. My best guess is tropics or water orientated." I nod, my suspicions confirmed by a second source.

We spend our last few minutes sitting on the couch, holding each other, he hugs me tightly.

Finally, the speaker crackles to life, announcing the time to launch. "Sixty seconds to launch."

We both stand up, dreading the next few moments. "I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me, Po. I don't know what will happen, but I'll always love you." Saying that I go in for a hug, it lasts half the time I have to prepare.

"Thirty seconds to launch."

"You got this Rose. I'll see you on the other side." With the final farewell, I step into the tube, quickly turning around when it seals behind me.

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself. Being panicked will be no help in the arena. "Ten seconds to launch."

I open my eyes and place my hand on the glass, Po matches my stance. He silently nods at me as the tube flies upwards, sending me into oblivion.

The sun blinds me as I try to adjust as fast as possible. I look to my left to see Johanna and to my right to see Beetee. This is good, two allies close to me. I don't see Wiress anywhere which worries me, but we can deal with that when it comes to it. I nod to both Johanna and Beetee, letting them know our plan starts now.

When the gunshot fires I immediately jump into the water and swim to the rock, climbing up as fast as I can, meeting with Johanna. Beetee trails and climbs up soon after. "Stay here. Johanna and I will gather weapons and try to find Wiress." With that Johanna and I both run into the fray, hoping to get our weapons first.

Once we get there we are met with blight who almost takes my head off. "Whoah! Slow down! I'm on your side." I say quickly, he grimaces and mutters a quick apology before running off. I grab my knives, a spear, and an axe for Johanna.

I find her on the other side wrestling with a tribute who isn't in our alliance. I throw my knife at their back and Johanna throws them off of her. I hand her the axe and she mutters "Thanks." Before we hear a scream of pain that sounds like Beetee. We look at each other before taking off.

I find him first, a knife in the small of his back and a coil of wire gripped in his hands. A tribute looms over him before I throw another knife, quickly ending his life. Wiress stands next to him, doing the best to care for him. I quickly go to pull the knife out and she grabs my hand, silently telling me to stop.

"It's gotta come out here or in the jungle. It doesn't look deep, it won't kill him." I say sternly and quickly pull the knife to the dismay of Beetee who lets out a grunt of pain.

Wiress helps him up and I go to make my way to the other side to find Finnick, only to come face to face with a career. He tries to stab me but I dodge, giving him a nice cut on his face. I hear my name and look up to see Finnick. "Rose! Get out of here! I'll find you later!" He screams over the chaos.