Chapter 21 - This is us

The summer had come to a close, it was the first day of classes. The castle was oddly quiet for being full of students. People headed to and from classes with minimal conversation. The death of Marlene was still very fresh. It being their seventh year, teacher has piled on homework in the first week like no one could believe. As the first week went on the sprites rose slowly, In the common room Adaline was sitting with the boys.

" I think I am going for a walk." She told them.

Remus waved to her as she got up. As she walked away Remus whispered to Sirius.

" Oy Padfoot when are you going to tell her?"

Sirius blinked at Remus. " Tell her what Moony?"

" That I am a werewolf?" Remus whispered sarcastically " No... When are you going to tell her you are in love with her?"

Sirius's face went from bewildered to annoyed in an instant. " Shove off mate."

"You should tell her now, before it is too late. You know where she goes on her walks." Piped in James.

Sirius sat thinking about this for a moment before getting up. He headed out of the common room towards the astronomy tower. He finally made it up the stairs, finding Adaline laying on the floor looking outside.

" Addy, can I tell you something?" Sirius asked.

Adaline was a little surprised as she did not notice him come in. " Of course." was all she said.

Sirius sat beside her, Adaline sat up, looking over at Sirius.

" Well, um I guess what I want to, to say is.." Sirius kept fumbling over his words, he had never had this issue with anyone before and it drove him mad. Instead of trying to tell her again Sirius's hand fell softly on her jaw as he leaned in kissing Adaline. His eyes closed, he felt all the kisses he wished to give Adaline after their first kiss put into this one. It felt as though sparks were flying, nothing else seemed to matter at this time.

Adaline had been surprised by Sirius's actions, surprised but happy. She was glad he had wanted to kiss her, however, he wanted to kiss every girl so did it really mean that much anyways? Sirius pulled back looking Adaline in the eyes.

" Adaline I am in love with you, I have been for a while now and I was so worried because I have never felt this about someone before. Adaline I need you in my life and not just as friends." Sirius told her.

Adaline was looking down at her feet as he spoke. " I don't understand?"

" Adaline I want you, I am in love with you. You make me a better person even though most of the time you're driving me mad because you are so sassy and strong headed." Sirius told her.

" But why? I am broken, why would you want that?" was all Adaline could muster up.

"Adaline Carlyle you are the furthest thing from broken. As sassy and Maddening as you may be, you are strong, brave, incredibly kind and understanding. I have never met anyone quite like you." Sirius said meeting Adelines eye.

Adaline let the tension out of her body. " Sirius I cannot be you next flavour of the month."

"Raven I know the wrap I have around school and I swear that you and what could be us is not the same as any of the other girls. Please just give me a chance." Sirius whispered.

" Please don't let me regret this Black."

The two were now standing, side by side. A grin broke across Sirius's face after Adaline said that. Sirius took another step forward, pressing his lips to hers, he moved one hand into her hair and the other around her waist pulling her in closer. Sirius felt Adaline smile into the kiss. Time seemed to slow down, the two of them felt as though the kiss lasted forever. Finally the two pulled apart, Sirius took an Adaline's hand in his.

" We should probably head back, it is getting late and I am sure the Gryffindor lot is going to be worrying about us. Sirius told Addy.

The two headed back to the common room, when they entered the common room was empty.

" Goodnight Raven." whispered Sirius as he leaned over her giving her a quick kiss before he turned heading up to the boys dorm.

Adaline, couldn't believe what was happening. She had always told herself she would never fall for this boy's, tactics but here she was. She was not sure how to feel about it all, she did want this, but she was scared he was just going to use her. Adaline dropped the thoughts from her mind and headed to her dorm room.

As she entered the dorm room, she heard Lily. " Did he kiss you?" She whispered."

Adaline paused before responding to Lily's question. " What makes you ask that?"

" Well the boys sent Sirius after you, once he left they all made bets if he was going to kiss you or not." Lily replied.

" Well, did you?" Alice asked.

Adaline chuckled, shaking her head " and if he did?"

Lily and Alice both had smiles creep across their lips. " How was it?"

" Well it's not like it was the first time." It was out before Adaline even realized what she had said.

" EXCUSE ME? Not the first time!?" Alice whisper shouted. Lily grinned, already knowing this information.

" Ah crap, um, he kissed me the day I was leaving the hospital wing. I didn't think much of it because he snogs loads of girls." Adaline told the two girls.

" Addy you are so blind, you are definitely not just any girl to him. The only two people who can't seem to see it is you and Sirius." Lily told her.

Adaline couldn't help but smile to herself, she wondered what would happen tomorrow. Worrying about it now would do her no good. The girls chatted a little bit more before they all drifted into sleep.