Chapter 20 - Summer Shock

The summer was a whirlwind adventure, Adaline had never had so much fun during a break before. People did not scowl at her during dinner, or call her terrible name or say what a disappointment she was. Adaline was intrigued with the ways of the Muggles, she was so happy she got to experience this.

There were a few things that worried Adaline still. Her younger brother was the biggest of those worries. How was he doing at home? Was he getting the same treatment she did? Who was she kidding, Max was exactly what their parents wanted, he followed their rules, he listened and respected their beliefs about Muggles. She missed him, though.

The last two weeks of summer arrived faster than expected. Adaline and Lily were packed and ready to go to the Potters to see the boys.

" So what's going on between you and Sirius?" Lily questioned.

Adaline just shrugged. " We are friends."

Lily scoffed, " Friends who share a bed? Saying you two are friends is like saying I don't fancy James." Lily's eyes widened as she realized what she had just let slip, her hand pressed against her mouth.

" Lily Evans you fancy James Potter! I knew it." Adalie said nonchalantly.

" Back to you ad Black?" Lily questioned again.

" Ok, we may have kissed, but I don't think it means anything. Lets go now Lily or we will be late."

Lily had a huge grin and just nodded as the two left for the Potters.

***

Potter Household before the girl's arrival

The boys had a wild summer of pranks, causing trouble and fun. Sirius had officially been burned off his family tree so he was living with the Potters permanently now. He didn't mind, he had spent most of his summer days here before hand anyways.

" Padfoot, I am kinda freaking out." James huffed.

"Oh mate, you will be fine, a little bird told me Lily has become quite smitten about you." Sirius said with a wink.

" This bird is not the same bird you are smitten with now is it? Maybe a raven?" James joked.

"Ahrg. Prong,s I have no idea what to do about her. I have never felt like this about a girl. Its like I have been seeing black and white and because of her I can see colour again! I kissed her and it was the best damn kiss of my life. She makes me want to be a better human. Her presence is calming, I don't feel like hitting people when she is around me. Bloody hell Prongs I sound like you!" Sirius flopped on his bed with a sigh.

James was just standing there chuckling.

" Is that all you can do is laugh about this mate!?" Sirius grabbed a pillow and chucked it at James's face.

The girls were due to arrive any time now, they were travelling bymugglecar, Mr.Evans was driving them. Sirius felt butterflies in his stomach as he thought about Adaline being here, he could not wait to give her a hug, feeling her warmth.

A couple minutes later there was a knock on the door. James and Sirius both leapt up and ran to the door. James opened the door, Addy and Lily both standing there look amazing as per usual.

"Hey Girls." James and Sirius said in unison.

" Hey Losers, how has the summer been so far?" Adaline said as she marched into the Potters home with a big grin.

" Been pretty swell so far, even better now that you two ladies are here. James stated as he walked over to Lily and gave her a hug. Sirius walked up to Adaline draping his arm over her shoulder.