Chapter 19 - Year End

It was the last day of school, Adaline's bruises had healed, she was feeling good. Her and Sirius had not mentioned the kiss they shared in the hospital wing, however it seemed to be on her mind a lot. Adaline was so happy to be spending the summer with Lily and her family. Exams had gone well for everyone, the last day was essentialy a write off.

Adaline and the girls had all finished packing to leave so they sat in the common room chatting about what they planned to do this summer. Marlene was going to go travel with her family in europe. Alice said she and Frank had some summer activities planned together.

" OY JAMES WHERE IS THE MAP." Sirius shouted in the boys dorm.

The girls all raised an eyebrow. " What are they going on about? Surely they are still not packing?" Marlene asked.

"Marls they are boys, of course they just started packing." Lily said with a giggle, as she said that James came rushing down the stairs and went rummaging through some papers on the common room table.

"Blasted map, where have you gone, didn't Remus have it last." James mumbled to himself. James looked up to see the girls staring at him. He just shook his head.

" I should have packed sooner!" He grumbled to the group of girls.

Sirius called down to James from atop the stairs. " Prongs, Moony found it!"

James sprinted up the stairs, taking them two at a time. Lily was still looking over to the stairs as James disappeared.

Lily felt a small jab in her side, as she looked over Adaline sat there with a small smirk on her face. Lily just gave her a small scowl which Addy knew she really did not mean.

***

Everyone was buzzing as the train pulled into kings cross, Addy jumped up and started pulling everyone's trunks down and passing them. She went to grab her own, which seemed to be wedged in there, she gave a strong tug making it come loose but as she did so she stumbled backwards. She waited for the impact of her expected fall, however instead she felt two hands steady here.

" Easy there Raven."

Adaline felt his breath on her neck, sending a shiver throughout her. She looked over into his grey eyes, feeling heat rise into her checks.

" Don't want you hurting yourself now." Sirius said to her.

Adaline smiled at him. " Thanks." she ran her hand down his muscled arm.

Now it was Sirius's turn to have a shiver sent through his body, her touch was electric to him. He placed his hand on the door frame looking down at Adaline.

" So I am not supposed to ask you this yet because James wanted to ask Lily first, but he was wondering if you guys would like to come visit us this summer for two weeks right before we go back to school?" He asked with a thickness of nervousness in his voice. He shifted his position starting to fiddle with his hands.

A smile played across Adalines lips, " I would love to come! Lily will be down also, as much as she grumbles about James, I think she is starting to be smitten with him."

"They would be a cute couple." He laughed.

Adaline lugged her trunk outside the Hogwarts express, as her feet hit the pavement, she looked up and saw her parent standing there hugging Max. She felt bile rise in her throat, panic taking over her body. She just stood there trying to control her breathing, suddenly she felt someone arm wrap around her shoulder steering her towards where Lily and James were standing with their families.

" Ignore them." Sirius whispered into Adaline's ear.

Adaline nodded as they approached the group Addaline was prepared to step away from Sirius, however, he pulled her in a little closer arm still looped over her shoulder. Adaline was grateful Sirius had yet to let her go, she needed another minute of reassurance and he provided that.

Sirius could feel his anger suppress a little more as Adaline leaned into him when he refused to let her go. He wanted nothing more to go over and punch her parents for what they have done to her. Her presence, however calmed him, he breathed in, she smelt of Lilac and mint and it was intoxicating.

" You must be Adaline." Mrs.Evans said stepping forwards.

" Yes Ma'am its a pleasure to meet you. Thank you very much for letting me come stay with you and your family this summer." Adaline responded stepping forward breaking away from Sirius. Adaline stretched her hand out to shake Mrs. Evans hand.

Mrs. Evans ignores her pulling her into a hug. Adaline was taken aback for a brief moment, of course she had hugged her friends before, but she never had an adult let alone someone like a mother hug her.

"Call me Daisy dear none of this Mrs. Evans nonsense."

Adaline kept chatting with the Evans, she looked over to see Sirius going over and hugging Mrs. Potter, he wore a huge grin. He proceeded to high five Mr.Potter.

James walked over to Adaline and Lily. " Excuse me ladies, but I have a question for the two of you."

Lily raised her eyebrow at James. "ok." Lily responded wearily.

" Well Padfoot and I were wondering if you two lovely ladies would like to spend the last two weeks of the holiday with us at my house? It would be fun, I swear!"

Lily glanced over to Adaline giving her a questioning look. Adaline gave her a quick nod accompanied with a smile.

" Alright, we would like that." Lily told James.

James gave a look of surprise, he appeared astounded. " Wait really!? This is great!"

James gave Lily a quick hug and a peck on the check, sending Lily's check bright red. Sirius walked over the Adaline wrapping his arms around her placing his head on top of hers. The two stood like that for moment. Adaline leaned into Sirius closing her eyes for a moment. She was going to miss having him around, he made her feel so sure of herself, so safe.

" I think I might actually miss you" Adaline said into his chest.

" Well, I hope you do, cause I know I will miss you." Sirius told her with a chuckle.

Adaline pulled away, she headed towards the Evans. As they walked away, she turned back and waved at Sirius.

Sirius had wanted nothing more to press his lips against hers, feel their warmth. He decided against it because they had not even spoken about the last kiss the two of them shared. For him it was the best kiss ever, it could have lit a fire with the sparks it caused.

"Boy this is going to be a long summer." He whispered to himself.