Chapter 5 - Hex you

Adaline left the common room and went for a walk around the castle after Lily's question about her arm, she was no longer in the mood to read. 

Adaline walked around for almost half hour before finding a window sill to perch on and look up at the moon. Adaline loved the moon, it filled her with wonder, made her dream of many different things. Adaline was lost in her own little world when someone sat on the other side of the ledge.

" Raven are you all good?"

Adaline looked up at Sirius raising one eyebrow at him.

" Why wouldn't I be?" Adaline said slightly defensively.

" He is just making sure my friend is all good, can't have any of you guys bringing down my mood and killing my mojo." Black said with a small smile.

" Do you and Regulus get along?" Adaline asked out of the blue.

Black looked at her, he was not a fan of talking about his family. His family situation was not ideal in the slightest. Sirius thought for a moment, maybe Adaline had the same situation, but he highly doubted it. She may have been short with him, but she seemed honestly happy and almost joyful most time. There was no way someone like that would be in the same situation as him.

" We used to get along, I remember when we were kids, if we seemed mad at one another, one of us would always start off with don't make me Hex you and then they would respond with not if I hex you first. It always formed an understanding that no matter if we were mad at one another we still cared about each other. He fell under my parents spell and is getting caught up and pureblood mania. We don't really talk much anymore and when we do it's always arguing. We still do the hexing comment though, that gives me hope that maybe he will come around one day." Sirius paused and looked up at Adaline. He had never said that to anyone other than James before.

Adaline gave a small smile " You are a good brother, sounds like you just want to protect him and you want him to be the best he can be."

Sirius had never thought of it like that before, he would not consider himself a good brother, but he indeed did want to keep Regulus safe.

" What on earth are you sitting here watching?" Black asked Adaline.

Addy gave a brief glance at Sirius.

" Just watching the moon, makes me dream of so many different possibilities". She paused

" Wow that sounds extra cheesy when I say it out loud, I think I need to get some sleep"

Adaline stood up and Sirius followed her as they walked back to the common room together . They both walked silently all the way back to the common room. Once in side Adaline headed to the girls dorm, she turned back and looked at Sirius.

" Good Night Sirius" Adaline was already headed up the stairs before Sirius could say goodnight back.