Chapter 8 - Fuss in the Forest

The sorting has finished and the feast had started. A Ravenclaw girl came over to the Gryffindor table  and right up to Sirius.

" Hi Siri, it is good to see." she said with an overcompensating grin. " I was wondering if you wanted to go for a jaunt with me this evening?"

Sirius had the biggest smirk on his face. " Well, my Lady, that sounds like a very enchanting time, so I will have to accept. How about we meet by the entrance hall at 8pm?"

" That sounds perfect." responded the Ravenclaw girl in an overly sweet tone.

Adaline didn't understand how every girl was all over Sirius, they had to know he went through girls like no tomorrow. Don't get her wrong, he had somehow become a good friend of hers and yes he was very attractive. He was welled muscled and toned, his shoulder length hair was also an appeal, but they way he treated the girls who swooned over him was never the nicest. All in all he was a player and everyone knew. How these girls were ok with that, she was not sure. Maybe they wanted to be the girl to get the bad boy to settle down and stick to one girl.

" Mate you are in for some snogging already and it is only the first evening back at the school!" James stated with what sounded like pride in his voice.

" I cannot say no to a beautiful young lady like that, it would be just rude know wouldn't it prongsie." said Black.

" Touche Padfoot, touche." was James response. Lily glanced over at James to see if he seemed serious about his response. However, she could not really tell, James Potter never seemed serious, so who knew what that looked like on the boy.

" Psst Addy, psst"

Adaline looked up at Marlene, who was the one trying to get her attention. " Yes Marls?"

" Look over at the Slytherin table, Brock Addington the Brock Addington is staring at you." Marlene stated.

Adaline blushed slightly when Marlene said this. " He is not, don't be silly."

Lily looked over to the Slytherin table and giggled. " Oh Addy he was definitely staring at you!" replied Lily.

" He is well fit so you will hear no complaining from me about that." Addy said with a smile.

Black was listening into what the girls beside them were saying. Brock, Brock freaking Addington well fit? What were these girls thinking, the guy was a tool. Black scoffed a little loud. James and Remus both gave him an odd look.

" Black? Care to comment about what you are scoffing about over there?" Alice said with a sneer.

" Nothing, just Addington really? The guy is a bit of a tool."

" Takes one to know one to know one now doesn't it Black." Adaline said with a cheeky grin.

" Careful there Carlyle" Black said

" Oh my, I am trembling in my socks, from that very witty comeback" Adaline said with a chuckle.

Everyone at within earshot giggled at Adaline's comments towards Sirius. This made Sirius pout a little which in turn made everyone laugh even harder.

" Well, I must be off to prepare for my evening stroll with my Ravenclaw dear." Black said as he got up from the table.

" Do you even know her name Black?" Remus yelled after Sirius as he was walking away.

" SHOVE OFF MOONY" Sirius yelled back, sending the table into another fit of laughter.

The Gryffindors got up from the table and all headed back to the common room. As they entered Sirius was just finishing adjusting his hair and walked out without saying a word to the group.