20

I looked at the time.

1:24 am.

I had been at the police station for the past fourteen hours. A very long fourteen hours.

I still didn't know why I was here. The police had gone to the apartment and apparently had a warrant to take me in for questioning.

I was told to talk about my relationship with Jungkook and all the details I was able to give. So I did. I talked about our trip to Greece, the first time I spent the night with him, our first fight, and the first time we met. I talked about everything. Every moment I had with him. Even the last time I saw him. Exactly 5 months ago.

I was still hurt. Actually, hurt is an understatement. I was broken beyond words. But I knew that I had to move on so I stopped crying about him everyday. I started to do the things that I loved to do. Before him and after him. I wasn't going to let him take over my life.

I wondered and wondered why we were talking about him. What happened?

"That's all I remember." I rubbed my temples and groaned.

"Jihyeon, it's very important that you tell us what happened the last time you saw Jungkook in detail." The detective stared into my eyes, straight into me.

"I already told you. He was with another girl and then I left." I wanted answers. I didn't want to wait another hour. Another minute. Another second.

"What happened to him.." I felt a lump in my throat as I asked that question.

"Jihyeon.."

"Tell me. Now. Why am I here. What's the purpose of me having to tell you every day I've spent with Jungkook." I looked at him with a confused daze.

"Jihyeon, Jungkook committed suicide yesterday morning at 5:24 am. He jumped off his penthouse roof which instantly killed him."

My heart dropped. The room started to spin and my vision was blurry. Did I hear that correctly? Jungkook committed s-suicide? This couldn't be real. I rubbed my eyes but I was still in this stupid interrogation room. I started to panic.

"Stop feeding me lies! Just tell me what you want to know and tell me where he is!"

"Jihyeon, this isn-"

"Tell me where he is!" I yelled as loud as I could. I screamed in frustration but the empty air just echoed. That's where I blacked out.

******

I woke up in the hospital with big headache. I was connected to a million machines and my eyes were sensitive to the light. I turned to my left to see a worried Taehyung sitting next to me.

"Jihyeon! Nurse! She's awake!"

A nurse rushed into the room and asked me how I was doing. I didn't reply. I couldn't reply. I didn't want the words that were said to me in that interrogation room to come back.

The nurse left the room and I was left alone with Taehyung. I stared blankly at the ceiling.

I felt his cold hands grab my hands and I shivered. I turned toward him and let a tear stream down my face.

He grabbed me and I cried into his chest.

"I didn't help him! I could've saved him, but I didn't! I just let him go. I should've talked to him that day. This is all my fault.." I said all of this between sobs. I couldn't stopped, it just all kept coming.

"Jihyeon, please. This isn't your fault. You tried and tried. He wouldn't answer you. There was no way we would help. We tried." He was crying along with me.

We held each other in the hospital room as I rewinded to the past 5 months. I did try to reach out to Jungkook. Over and over again. I was desperately going and knocking on his door everyday. I was frustrated. With him and with myself. I felt like he owed me a talk after seeing that girl in his apartment. I stopped trying at 4 months. I wasn't healthy. I wasn't eating or going outside. I needed to stop trying or it would've been the end of me.

I lied to the detective. The last time I saw Jungkook was at the bus stop. He was with the same girl and they were arguing. It ended with her slapping him and walking away. He just stood there as I backed up slowly and disappeared. I should've reached out to him but I was too hurt seeing him with someone else so I didn't.

Maybe this wasn't my fault. Just maybe. I can't blame myself for this either. I loved Jungkook with everything in me. And I'll continue to love him until I see him again. Maybe he was too broken for me to fix him. There was nothing I could do and I'll remember him every time I wake up in the morning and every time I go to bed. I'll thank him every day for the love he gave me.

******

It's been a month and a half since I heard the news about Jungkook. That means it's been a month and a half since i've been in the hospital. After thousands of evaluations, I was finally going to be able to go sleep in my own bed.

Taehyung spent every single day at the hospital with me and even spent the night sometimes. I was very grateful for him. I couldn't explain the love I had for him.

He came to pick me up today and when I saw him, I jumped in his arms.

"Jihyeon Ah! I missed you."

"You saw me yesterday, dummy." I chuckled as he dropped my suitcase as I said those words. One thing was for sure, his clumsiness hadn't changed at all.

"Okay, and..." He quickly picked up my suitcase and put it in the backseat of his car. He went over to my side and opened the passenger door for me. I thanked him by nodding my head and smiled as I got in.

I was better, I really was. I still cried but I didn't cry every second of every day now. I knew Jungkook was doing good, wherever he was. That's just how he was. He handled everything the way he thought he should. He was an amazing presence to have around. Jeon Jungkook, thank you for letting me know you. Thank you for loving me. And most importantly, thank you for letting me love you.

******

AHH THATS THE END OF MY BOOK AND I KNOW YOU GUYS PROBABLY HATE ME FOR THIS ENDING.

Okay so a sum up of this chapter and the book basically: Throughout the whole book, it was all a flashback. Jihyeon was telling the detective all of her moments with Jungkook. It's all past-tense. She's being interrogated by police the whole time and she's just telling her POV of things. In the end, she's finally able to let go of Jungkook after a month and a half of being depressed. She's finally able to leave the hospital and go back home with Taehyung where she'll go back to living her life.

(Should I make a sequel to this book? It'll be based on Jihyeon and Tae's life after all of this)