14

Jungkook gave me a week off to rest up after the plane ride. I decided to spend the week just hanging out with Taehyung, seeing as I've pretty much neglected him these past few weeks.

When I told Jungkook this, he practically threw a tantrum about how "Tae was trying to steal his girl" which is also why these past few days, Jungkook has been calling my phone incessantly and leaving voicemails that threaten my sanity. I promised Tae it was just going to be me and him this week.

Right now, we were in the mall just looking around and catching up.

I was on my phone when Taehyung peered over at me, "Another voicemail?"

I sheepishly grinned at him, "Yeah.. I try to ignore them but his baby voice is so cute.." I gushed.

Taehyung rolled his eyes at me and grumbled, "Well call him back if you have to."

Instead of asking about his change in mood, I just turned my phone off and linked our arms together, "I don't have to do anything. I promised this week was just going to be us and I don't make promises I don't keep."

He smiled at me and put his arm around me,
"Good. Cause you're all mine.." He lowered his head and mumbled, "At least for today anyway."

I bumped my arm against his, "You know I'm all yours everyday. You're my best friend. Nothing, no one, is going to change that at all."

He gave me a smile that barely reached his eyes,
"I love you Jihyeon." He messed with my hair until it was all over the place. "Even though, you are so unbelievably cheesy. You know I'm lactose intolerant," He joked.

"Kim Taehyung, how mature! You just love to
kill moments, don't you?" He got up real quick when I used his full name.

"Shut up, Park Jihyeon!" We went back and forth acting like children in the mall until we were stopped by a security guard who told us to quiet down. I was glad my Tae was back though. He had been acting weird for a while, but it was probably just because we hadn't been talking as much as we used to. I won't lie, I missed this.

We spent the rest of the day at the mall acting like grown children and sharing stories. When we
finally arrived home, we ordered some Thai food and put on our favorite show, Friends.

"So talk, Tae... any new women in your life?"

He reached and fixed a strand of my hair that had fallen from behind my ear, "Well, there is on- "
He was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Must be the food. Tell me when I get back?"

"Y-Yeah of course. Now hurry up and get my
rice."

"Wow look who's starving." When I reached the door, I wondered why they didn't just ring the doorbell.

As I opened the door and reached into my wallet for the cash to hand to the delivery person, "You know there is a doo- "

"Oh my god, Jihyeon! Why haven't you been picking up the phone? Or replying to my texts?"

I stalled and finally looked up, "J-Jungkook! What are you doing here?"

"Jihyeon. I've been calling you and texting you and I was worried. I came to check if you were okay."

"My phone was off. I was going to c- "

"She was busy." All of a sudden, Tae was behind
me.

"Tae what are yo-"

Jungkook spoke up, "Taehyung, stay out of it yeah?"

I shut up. Obviously no one was going to let me finish a sentence.

"I don't think so. Why are you here anyway?"

Jungkook's jaw was working, "Jihyeon's my girlfriend. I can see her whenever I like."

I could practically touch the venom in both their voices when they both spoke. I was so confused by what was happening here.

"Yeah, well Jungkook? I'm Jihyeon's best friend and she was busy with me today. She didn't have time to hit all your stupid calls back. She has a life, you know?"

Jungkook hit the window pane causing me to flinch at the loud noise. Taehyung pushed me behind him and got into Jungkook's face.

"What the fuck was that? You ever think about
laying a hand on her and I'll end you."

Jungkook was obviously shocked... and guilty,
"I-I didn't mean it like that. I-I'm.. Jihyeon, come home with me. Please."

My hands were shaking. I know Jungkook would never hit me, but the noise... It was too real and too close.

"... Jungkook, I live here. Go home, I'll see you at work tomorrow."

"B-But Jihyeon-"

Taehyung shut the door in his face and turned around to look at me.

"Jihyeon, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just a little shaky."

Taehyung cussed under his breath. "You're not going to work tomorrow. You have to quit. He's dangerous."

"Tae. I'm going. He didn't mean to. Jungkook would never hurt me like that."

"You're seriously defending him right now? What the hell, Jihyeon?"

I whispered under my breath, "I love him."

Taehyung got quiet, "You sure know how to pick them. Whatever. Do what you want. I tried."

He walked away from me, into his room, slamming the door shut.

I sat on the floor and put my head in my hands.
Remembering Jungkook's words, I turned on my phone. I had so many missed calls and texts, all from Jungkook. They only made me feel worse. I had a recent voicemail from him that I listened to.

"Jihyeon.. I'm so so sorry. You know I would never... I would never ever do that to you... I'm sorry."

There was a bunch of sniffling and shuffling in the background.

"You don't have to come to work tomorrow. I understand. Just know, that I love you... good night."

I groaned, "What the hell is going on with everybody?"

I walked to the couch, too drained to walk to my room. I passed out.

Sometime later, Taehyung laid a blanket over my sleeping body.

"When will you finally see me... you fool."