Chapter 14

As I was rushing to get out panic took over. I frantically scanned the room in search of Sarah or Cole.

"Hey," some random guy asked,

"I'm Greg, a friend of Wills," an involuntary scoff escaped my lips and confusion filled his face.

"Hi," I didn't want to be in this conversation. It was awkward and I was uncomfortable. I thought if I waited him out long enough he would leave all by himself.

"So, what's your name?" My plan has yet to start working.

"Elena." Keep the sentences short, I almost made it.

"Elena," he said, it sounded more for himself than to anyone in particular.

"So, Elena, could we talk, uh, somewhere more private?" My confusion must have been quite obvious because he quickly added it was not like that. I, for reasons I can't understand, followed Greg out to the front porch.

I gave him the 'alright, we're somewhere more private, what do you want now' look and he started talking.

"You know, Will's a good guy. And um, he doesn't seem to have the best of luck with girls. So, when I saw the way he was looking at you, I just wanted to make sure you're not, I don't know, like the others he's dated. He just-" The scoff that followed was accidentally on purpose.

"You don't have to worry about me wanting to date him." I interrupted. Confusion and a sort of amusement filled Gregs.

"I know about what happened and how Will cheated on his ex. I don't date cheaters." 

"What?"

"You know the petite blonde he was talking to earlier-"

"Oh, you mean Stella," I remembered that name. The first time I had a proper conversation with him after my first party, she kept bombarding his phone.

"That's not-" 

"I don't care about the details, as I've already said, I don't date cheaters. Now if you don't mind, I gonna go find my friends." Never in my life had I ever been so knowingly rude to a complete stranger. But honestly, I just wanted to leave now.