Chapter 3

Friday night, I am sitting at my desk studying and doing homework as my dorm room flies open. In comes Sarah, my extremely preppy and happy roommate. A devilish grin creeps onto her face.

"Get up!" She half shouts, "we're going to a PARTY!" She sings. I glance up at her, prepared to turn her down immediately. I am then brought back to my promise to both my sister and brother. I said I'd at least try. Another thing to know about me is that I don't back down on my word. When I say I'll try, I mean it. As I take a deep breath, I watch Sarah mold her hands into a  begging form and a puppy face appears.

"Only if we come back at a decent hour?" I reply after some time which earns a squeal and jumping from my roommate.

As I am getting ready, I realize I have never been at a party, I don't know what to wear or how to act. Sarah catches along with my hesitation in front of my closet and picks out my outfit. Although Sarah and I have only been roommates for a week, we are already best friends. There is this unspoken connection between the two of us. You know those moments in your life, when you know something life changing has happened. Yeah, I had that when I met Sarah. I'm not saying  I didn't have friends back in high school, I did. But by far no one like Sarah. She and I are like sisters. And it's only been a week! I really pulled the jack pot in the roommate department.

"Here." She extends her arm with one of my favorite dresses in hand. I smile. 

Authors note:

I would love some support through a like or comment? I'm still writing, so if you have any suggestions on what you would like to happen, commenting is a great way to tell me...

That up there is what I call sneaky