18.

Finnick and I stand around, watching the competition. Only half of us even bothered to show up to training, we don't need it. The capitol has made sure of that.

The only reason I came is to survey the two lovers. I don't need to impress them, everybody already knows what I can do.

I see Johanna has adopted the opposite strategy, she starts with her signature axe, slashing it as hard as she can. I chuckle and walk over to one of the weaving/fish hook tables, using my experience just to have fun, plus, the tributes from 1 are using my station.

I keep an eye on Katniss, she seems to look a bit flustered by the sight of all the victors. She walks over to Wiress and Beetee, making small talk. That's good, they need to make friends.

I continue my craft, making the hooks into pretty designs, when Finnick walks by and kisses my forehead before leaving me once again. I chuckle and shake my head.

I'm broken from my trance when I hear someone beside me say "Those are beautiful. Where did you learn to make them?" I look over to see the girl on fire herself talking to me, quite a surprise.

"Thanks. My mother taught me when I was a girl." I respond, telling her the truth.

"I saw you volunteer for that girl, it was... brave." Katniss comments, recounting the events of reaping day.

"Annie." I say, telling Katniss her name. "It wasn't brave- I've been in the games before, I know what to expect. Volunteering for your sister was brave. I commend that." It's true. When I saw Katniss volunteer for her sister, I was surprised. It gave me respect for her.

She leans a bit closer, asking me a question which I knew would come at sometime. "Is the "thing" between you and Finnick... real?" I sigh, deciding to answer honestly to get her to trust me.

"Yes. It's exaggerated for the cameras, the citizens want a show, you know that. But now, you and Peeta have taken over our spotlight." She seems confused, obviously oblivious to this fact.

"Now let me ask you, girl on fire. Is your relationship with Peeta real?" Her cheeks flush and she changes the subject.

"If you show me how to make those, I'll teach you to shoot." She offers. I consider it for a moment, I don't need the practice, but I'll bite.

"Sure, let's shoot first."

We walk over to the shooting range but I let her go first. When she starts all the victors walk over, Peeta standing beside me. "Your Fiancé has an interest in Wiress and Beetee," I say absentmindedly. He looks over, startled, then smiles.

"Johanna calls them.." I cut him off, remembering what Johanna has told me a million times

"Nuts and Volts." He nods, content to watch as the girl dominates. I've gotta admit, she's good.

I glance over at him and see a small smile on his face. He really does love her...

When she's done she looks back out of the window, startled by all of the onlookers. I chuckle as she puts her stuff back and heads back up to her room, frazzled.

Johanna walks over, standing beside me. "Hey. Sucks about this whole quell thing, huh?" She chuckles, obviously still angry.