All is Forgiven

Tess's Point of View

Eventually I gave that girl a ride home.

I don't think what we did was to I interesting.

We talked about our lives, boys, school, and we exchanged phone numbers.

Today is the day I try to make up for what I said to Alec.

I jump in my car and pray that this will work.

Alec's Point of View

I wake up to the sun shining on my face.

It is blinding.

I get up and close the curtains. Before I close them I see a car pull into our drive way.

I go down stairs and when the door bell rings, I jerk the door open.

Tess.

What is she doing here?

"What the hell do you want?" I ask rudely

"I know what I said to you was wrong. And I know you probably hate my guts but i need you to know it isn't true."

"Well now I know. Good day" I try to close the door but her foot stops it.

Even though I don't show it, I am glad that what she said wasnt true. I am still pissed at her but I am relieved that it was a lie.

"Please. Just give me a chance to make up for it." She begs. Her eyes glisten and I am forced to comfort her. I would hate to see her cry.

"You have 1 hour. Don't waste my time" I grunt.

She starts to walk to her car so I close the front door to the house and follow her.

I get in the passenger side and don't look at her the whole way. She seems to notice but doesn't say anything. I feel slightly bad for her but that is fucking karma for you bitch!

I stare out the window. We drive past a happy couple. The guy has his arms around the girl and they are smiling and laughing. They look very happy together. That is what Tess and I could look like right now if I wasn't such a fuck up.

I look away when they start to kiss. I can't control the pain building up in my chest. It feels like my heart had been scraped out and part of it, a part that I need, is missing. I know exactly what the part is.

I close down those thoughts and stare out the window again. My eyes land on a couple walking a dog.

Get a fucking tredmill so I don't have to look at this shit!

I don't even realise that we have parked. Tess nudges me and the skin that she touched, erupts into goosebumps. Why does my body act like this when I am with her?

She leads us out to the beach. Instead of going to the ocean, we walk to an area with no people. Then I see something that catches my eye.

A gazebo.

It has lights spiraled all around it. There are pillows and blankets and all kinds of decorations that look cozy.

An image flashes across my mind.

Tess laying on me with her head on my chest. I am stroking her hair. She smiles up at me ans I bend my head down to kiss her. She kisses back and our lips lock perfectly together.

The image fades and I am left with an empty feeling, like when something you love gets taken away from you.

Tess walks up to the gazebo and sits down. I sit down next to her, our skin almost touching. When I realize how close we are, I slide away a little which causes her to frown. The frown only lasts a second before a smile replaces it.

"Do you like it?" She asks

"Of course. But you go through all this trouble?"

"Because you mean a lot to me. I couldn't stand myself if i knew I caused you enough pain to make you want to stay away from ne forever." she says "it hurts enough to go a few days eithout you but I dont know what I would do if we never spoke again. I just couldn't live with myself."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course"

"Do you regret what you said?"

"Every second"

"Good"

"Look I know what I did was wrong. And I am so sorry. But I think you can forgive me. I will not force you to of course and it is you decision. But I truly do think you can find it in your heart to-" she is cut off by me smashing my lips into hers.

She doesn't do anything at first which scares me. I would hate to be regected. But that thought soon diaplears when she puts her handd on both sides of my face and pulls me closer to her.

She pulls away to ask "so are we good?"

"All is forgiven" I say before crashing my lips back into hers