Chapter 8 (Ask Elsa)

Fourth period. Elsa wondered what it was going to be this time. However, there was no flamboyant decorations, just a simple snowflake covered paper with the words, 'You're so close, but so far. No matter how hard I try, I can't reach you.' Sat on her desk. "What does that even mean?" She wondered. As class began, Elsa spread all the notes out. She began to get more and more impatient to find out who her secret admirer was. After a long hour of lessons, Tina walked up to Elsa and whispered, "I would go to the basketball court outside if I were you." She winked and walked out of the classroom. Elsa hurriedly shoved everything into her locker as soon as she got there and ran outside to the basketball court. Jamie Bennett ran up to her and handed her yet another white envelope. As he handed it to her, he mouthed the words, "not from me. Just giving it to you." Elsa nodded and opened up what she thought was the last envelope. Slowly, she read the words aloud. "I don't know what to do, all I want is you. You don't want me, but I can't bear to see you with someone else." Jamie tapped her on the shoulder and told her he had to blindfold her. She nodded and once the blindfold was securely tied, Jamie guided her over to the shade of a tree. He took the blindfold off and waited. Elsa opened her eyes, unsure what to expect. Suddenly, rose petals rained from the branches of the trees. Elsa looked up and a figure jumped down. "So Elsa Arendelle," Jack said nervously, holding a bouquet of roses out to her. "Will you go to prom with me?" "I would say yes if I were you. He spent a heck of a lot of time doing this. He even dragged me into this too." Jamie muttered. Jack swatted him on the head. "Don't ruin it!" "Fine fine. I'll go. I know when I'm not wanted." Jamie said chuckling. Elsa was still standing under the tree, speechless. "Why me?" She whispered. "You could have chosen anyone else in the entire school yet you chose me. Why?" Jack smiled. "Because you treat me like every other person in this school. You're kind, smart and have a great sense of humour. You're beautiful, just to sum it up." Elsa blushed. "I'm definitely not beautiful." Jack shook his head. He had started to notice the little things that made Elsa beautiful. The light dusting of freckles across her nose, the way she played with her hair or bit her lip when she was nervous. Her eyes weren't just blue either, they were a crystal blue, that shone more brilliantly than sapphires. "Why not?" "Because... No one's ever called me beautiful before." Elsa said. "Well, I think you are." Jack took a rose from the bouquet and tucked it behind Elsa's ear. "Thanks... Jack." Jack smirked. "You called me Jack." Elsa laughed. "Don't get used to it." "You know, you still haven't answered my question yet..." Jack said. Elsa smiled. "But you also haven't answered mine." Elsa pointed out. "At least, not fully." Jack sighed. "Geez, I thought it was easy to explain to a girl why you liked her." Elsa was now utterly shocked. "You like me?" Jack smacked his forehead. "Of course! That's why I asked you to prom! Oh god I probably look like an idiot now. I'm just going to go now 'cause you're probably going to say no." Jack said sadly. He turned to leave but Elsa grabbed his hand. Jack turned to meet her gaze, and held it for a few seconds before Elsa dropped his hand and muttered something under her breath. Jack's face lit up. "what did you say?" Elsa blushed. "I'm like every other girl in this school. I fell for you." Jack smiled and said, "I guess I am irresistible, aren't I?" "Oh shut up Jack!" Elsa said, smacking him lightly on the arm. "So is that a yes?" Jack said teasingly. Elsa nodded and kissed him on the cheek. "Yes, Jackson Overland Frost. I would love to go to prom with you."

The next day, murmurs of disapproval raced around the school halls as Jack walked in holding Elsa's hand. The boys looked at Jack funny, shaking their heads, while the girls gave Elsa looks of anger and jealousy. "Jack... You know they're going to talk about us, right?" Elsa said nervously as Jack took her bag. "Well then." He said, smiling as he intertwined their hands. He slowly leaned towards her, his blues eyes locked on hers, as the crowd gasped. "We'll give them something to talk about."

The End!

A/N: That concludes this story. I have more planned, so watch out! Also I'm curious, do you prefer one-shots or actual stories like this one? Please let me know and I'll do my best!

Lots of love,

crystallizedwinter